What happened to Massey Ferguson?

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #1  

gckshea

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 LS XR4140
Greetings All!
Just a general topic question:
With all the tractor talk and newer brands, rebranding, emerging models and buyouts, where is Massey Ferguson in all this? I never see reviews, or comparisons including MF. Are they a "has been" brand now? Do they fail the current markets? Poor dealer support? Overpriced?

Just curious why I don't find any sizeable quantity of info about them.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #3  
They are alive and well. I have 2 AGCO (Massey Ferguson/Challenger/AGCO) tractors. Couldn’t be happier. Dealers are usually more farmer-oriented.
Looking for a 3rd!

Last edited:
   / What happened to Massey Ferguson? #5  
My dealer sells both AGCO and New Holland. They sell quite a few MF tractors here.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #6  
What size tractor are you inquiring about? Massey has the GC series which is similar to Kubota BX or Deere 1*** but then seem to have very limited offerings in the CUT class in 25 - 30 HP, 1,700 - 2,500 lb range which seems to be popular size class. I think Massey has one model of 1500 series in that range.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #7  
Hard to believe that you can't find anything on Massey Ferguson. When I started looking for a cab tractor two years ago, I thought I wanted Kubota, but it didn't take me long to learn about Massey Ferguson, and that they had totally rebuilt their tractor line from the ground up, including new factories to build them in Brazil instead of China. YouTube has some great videos comparing Massey to other brands, but also just showing all the features that are included with the Massey over the other brands.

I bought a brand new Massey Ferguson 4707 cabbed 4x4 tractor for $55,000 financed over 7 years with zero percent interest. It would of been $3,000 less if I paid interest on the loan, but that would of been more money over the length of the loan. My payments are $663 a month with nothing down.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #9  
I’ve beat the bag outta my little 1725mb. I’m about to upgrade to a 1835m. I have no complaints.

/ What happened to Massey Ferguson? #10  
Here you will find a few of the Massey tractors:

willy