What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today?
Hmmmm.... that's what that hole is for? I don't have a mirror in that spot, but was wondering what was supposed to attach there.

I thought it was for a soft door kit for the non existent soft cab

In the past, I would try to cut all the dead standing before it fell. Then I realized I was eliminating the habitat for all the birds and woodpeckers I enjoyed. Now I wait for the tree to fall unless it poses a safety hazard.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #43  
I thought it was for a soft door kit for the non existent soft cab

That made me chuckle :)

I added a "first line of defense" fuel filter down near where both tanks are "Tee'd" together, but it's not plumbed in just yet.
It fits very nicely in this location.
I didn't necessarily spend any money - - this was all stuff "I just had laying around". Filter mount is from a Marine Detroit diesel.

FFilter1.jpg

FFilter2.jpg

FFilter3.jpg

That made me chuckle :)

I added a "first line of defense" fuel filter down near where both tanks are "Tee'd" together, but it's not plumbed in just yet.
It fits very nicely in this location.
I didn't necessarily spend any money - - this was all stuff "I just had laying around". Filter mount is from a Marine Detroit diesel.

View attachment 483679

View attachment 483680

View attachment 483681

I have read if your filter is before the pump you'd be better off with your fittings on top, which helps remove air. The fuel run isn't long so it might not matter. According to the article, when the filter is before the pump (on the suction side) the pressure difference tends to remove entrained air from the fuel in both gassers and diesels, which contributes to all kinds of problems. If I remember correctly, the fittings, placed on top, help remove the accumulated air in these cases.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #45  
According to the article, when the filter is before the pump (on the suction side) the pressure difference tends to remove entrained air from the fuel in both gassers and diesels, which contributes to all kinds of problems. If I remember correctly, the fittings, placed on top, help remove the accumulated air in these cases.

It's OK, this is a just a "mock-up". The actual filter will be a 3123, which has an air bleed (or drain) on top.
The way the base is designed, I doubt air would ever be a problem anyway.

I'm still going to move the lift pump down low someplace.
I think you've got a greater chance of air in the system with where it's located on the upper firewall.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #46  
putting the debris forks and Ratchet Rake to work for a few hours on my 2400H
before:
14568200_10209349769834600_6410816640748538246_n.jpg
Friend taking a test ride
20161005_112814c.jpg

20161005_112818c.jpg
Area after a couple hours work
14517439_10209392999435313_1435694195959490218_n.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #47  
Here's a Youtube of me using a Ratchet Rake on my 3820i to clear heavy brush. If you use one of these hard like this, you'll find that those straps won't last but a couple of hours. The brush going in and out of the bucket is just too much for them. I replaced the straps with chains and binders. Works great now.

Ratchet Rake - Brush land clearing - YouTube

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #48  
Here's a Youtube of me using a Ratchet Rake on my 3820i to clear heavy brush. If you use one of these hard like this, you'll find that those straps won't last but a couple of hours. The brush going in and out of the bucket is just too much for them. I replaced the straps with chains and binders. Works great now.

Ratchet Rake - Brush land clearing - YouTube

It's not going to be too long before I replace my straps as well. Good vid.

Very nice.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #50  
Ran the hydraulic lines for the grapple to the rear remote... I debated on getting the 3rd function for the joystick but after using it this way I'm actually good with how it's working....20160828_092430.jpg