Tractor Sizing What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #51  
I would also stay away from any Indian made stuff and go with either Japan or South Korean stuff.

We get some Indian made JDs here and it's nothing but problems. Specially electric and electronics problems.

Now for a dealer have the need to bash other brands, that just says a lot about him doesn't it? He could do more research himself before he tries to sell tractors.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #52  
Ok, this process is the most research and time consuming ive ever done for a large purchase.
So far ive decided to stay away from the Korean/off brands as the small dealers that have them want top dollar for them. Also,the small dealers may or may not have the support in the long run.
I'm shying away from Deere as i had a bad situation with them on ordering a few parts. They ended up charging me $100 shipping for around a $115 part. Additionally the proprietaryness of their stuff and they think their stuff is gold. The good is they arnt going anywhere and theyve been around here forever. Maybe i should look more into whats available from another dealer.
Im still in talks with Kubota. This guy has thrown comments out like "theyre all built in India except for Yanmar and Kubota". This statement has me doing more research and doubting my decisions. Kubota has a prescence here and isnt going away.
I really liked the Yanmar i drove. Very small dealer that has the tractors on the side. He sells and services alot of other equipment besides tractors. Has me concerned as tractors arnt his main business and who knows if he'll eventually drop the Yanmar as theyre not a big item here.
I liked a few different Masseys. Dealer has been around for 35+ years. Now im concerned with the whole "built in India" thing.
Looked at Mahindra and it felt cheap and plastic similar to the smaller Deere's. Smaller dealer but wanted an arm and a leg for the machine.

Is the made in India thing an issue? Is there a QC issue with it? Cheap steel? Cheap welds? Should i be concerned? Is the economy models Massey an inferior product? Appears compact Deere are also India made, are they inferior? What else?

To me, ANY DEALER that puts down another dealer & or brand would be a dealer that I would walk away from.

Save yourself some headaches and just wait for the World AG Expo in February down in Tulare. Pretty much everything is there, just allow for at least 2 days if not the full 3 days that it is.

As far as some tractors being & looking better than others, they all have different levels of machines. From a lot of what I've read, people that put down any certain brand are typically comparing a lower level model to a different brands higher end model. Are they different and a lesser tractor over-all, you bet that they are, & should be.

You don't compare a cheap KIA to an Audi.

Take your time and good luck with the search. ;)

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough
I actually appreciate that he informed me. It痴 bringing light to me and furthering my knowledge on a big purchase. I don稚 think he was bashing any specific brand, just letting me know of possible excessive qc issues as noted here as well. Yes, of course he wants a sell. He痴 also spoke well of other brands.

Anyhow, good idea on the ag show.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #54  
I noticed you edited your post to add these other brands, at first it was just Kubota. Is there any reason you dont recommend massey, new holland, case, John deere, mahindra or any others?

I suggest you go to the WorldAgExpo in FEB, since you are so close. They will likely have all the tractors there that you covet. Also, the Korean and other makes.

I ordered my 1st 2 new tractors there 15y ago (Kioti). If you go on closing day, you may even be able to get a display unit for an extra discount.

IMO, a tractor's top purchase criteria should be: weight, tire type, tranny type. You can do a lot of the same things with a smaller, lighter, lower powered tractor, just not as fast. If price becomes the top criterion, and you have to compromise, consider used.

If I bought a new tractor today, and price was not top priority, then it would be a Kubota L3560 HST+.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #55  
As far as some tractors being & looking better than others, they all have different levels of machines. From a lot of what I've read, people that put down any certain brand are typically comparing a lower level model to a different brands higher end model. Are they different and a lesser tractor over-all, you bet that they are, & should be.

That happens a LOT here on TBN.....

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #56  
Ok, this process is the most research and time consuming ive ever done for a large purchase.
So far ive decided to stay away from the Korean/off brands as the small dealers that have them want top dollar for them. Also,the small dealers may or may not have the support in the long run.
I'm shying away from Deere as i had a bad situation with them on ordering a few parts. They ended up charging me $100 shipping for around a $115 part. Additionally the proprietaryness of their stuff and they think their stuff is gold. The good is they arnt going anywhere and theyve been around here forever. Maybe i should look more into whats available from another dealer.
Im still in talks with Kubota. This guy has thrown comments out like "theyre all built in India except for Yanmar and Kubota". This statement has me doing more research and doubting my decisions. Kubota has a prescence here and isnt going away.
I really liked the Yanmar i drove. Very small dealer that has the tractors on the side. He sells and services alot of other equipment besides tractors. Has me concerned as tractors arnt his main business and who knows if he'll eventually drop the Yanmar as theyre not a big item here.
I liked a few different Masseys. Dealer has been around for 35+ years. Now im concerned with the whole "built in India" thing.
Looked at Mahindra and it felt cheap and plastic similar to the smaller Deere's. Smaller dealer but wanted an arm and a leg for the machine.

Is the made in India thing an issue? Is there a QC issue with it? Cheap steel? Cheap welds? Should i be concerned? Is the economy models Massey an inferior product? Appears compact Deere are also India made, are they inferior? What else?

That statement right there in bold, would make me walk away from this guy entirely. I won't tolerate doing business with any company that flat out lies to me for any reason.

That guy is a flat out liar.

Walk away, and go find another dealer. Even if you stay with same brand, that's fine. But that guy is a lying d*bag.

No way would I trust a word out of his mouth after that.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough
A couple tractors that are on the radar as of now. It may change in 2 minutes. :)

Massey 2705e/2706e and Kubota MX5400 series. Gear drive Synchro shuttles. Not exactly apples to apples. $3000 difference.

I drove the 2706e synchro shuttle w/loader and for the most part liked it. Drove it around, changed gears , worked the loader, forward/reverse, up down on the 3 point etc. At one point i clutched/stopped to put in reverse and it didnt engage in gear. Tried 3 or so times and it finally engaged. The unit only has 19 hrs and is a demo. I didnt really care for that, not sure if thats normal or clutch needs adjusting? To me this tractor is big for a hobby farm property. I mainly drove it on concrete and some in gravel. The tires appeared to be overfilled. One thing i noticed is alot of movement on the forks and front end. Hmm! Theyre willing to deal on this one. Has a rear remote.

New 2705e has a rear remote and theyre willing to add in the other two on the deal.

MX5400 havnt drove it but have a price. Its a little bit smaller than the massey which is appealing to me. Its a little lighter but i dont think thatll be a problem once implements are added. Controls appear a little more ergo friendly. No rear remotes. Not sure i even need them anyhow, theyd be nice to have if needed though. I could always run lines to the front.

Was thinking about going with a smaller size tractor for the rest of my property and having one section of my property hired out. For cutting a pad, sloping the sides, leveling out small areas for a driveway to it. Not including the water, compaction and base for the pad it was over 8000. All said and done probably well over 10. I cant justify that for someone to come in for a day or two at most. Im thinking ill spend more on a tractor and implements and DIY at this point.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #58  
In my world, I'd never consider a Utility tractor without rear remotes. 2 rear remotes.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #59  
Much like weight and horsepower-you can never have too many rear remotes.

You’ll find hydraulic top/tilt one of the most useful features particularly with a grader blade. This ties up two remotes-if you want/need to run something with hydraulics having a 3rd available means not having to unhook top or tilt to use.

3 rear remotes standard was one reason was really drawn to the LS XR4155 that I ended up buying.

Get a 3rd function installed as well-you’ll not regret it.

/ What horsepower and or weight tractor is enough #60  
3 rear remotes standard was one reason was really drawn to the LS XR4155 that I ended up buying.

Get a 3rd function installed as well-you’ll not regret it.

This is a tractor you really should look at. I have the XR3135, which is a smaller sibling, and love it. However, in your situation I think I would go with the XR41XX series for the extra weight and power.