What implement for creating furrows?

/ What implement for creating furrows? #11  
For a 3,000 square foot garden, you should be able to do that with a shovel. :rolleyes:
I saw 3/4 acre, not 3000sq ft.

3/4 acre = ~33,000 sq ft

/ What implement for creating furrows? #12  
perhaps a disk ridger would do the job.

1658416430194.png

/ What implement for creating furrows? #13  
It's this simple. If you don't already own the implement ,there is no way you can rent much less build or buy one for what the job is worth. Have you considered just passing on this job? I would.

/ What implement for creating furrows? #14  
Would one of these work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220721-114552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220721-114552_Chrome.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 77
   / What implement for creating furrows? #15  
I saw 3/4 acre, not 3000sq ft.

3/4 acre = ~33,000 sq ft
Ops! I guess I was thinking square meters. But still, it's 3/4 of an acre for crying out loud. I had about one acre of garden. Except for tilling, it was all done by shovel or spade and harvested by hand. Too hot and dry this year.

/ What implement for creating furrows? #16  
Ops! I guess I was thinking square meters. But still, it's 3/4 of an acre for crying out loud. I had about one acre of garden. Except for tilling, it was all done by shovel or spade and harvested by hand. Too hot and dry this year.
LOL,I know what you mean. I was walking around on 3 acer pasture in front of my house with a hoe chopping random weeds down when the neighbors motioned me over for iced tea. They couldn't believe I undertook to chop weeds from 3 acers. I told them 3 acers is easy in comparison to 30 and 40 acer row crops I hoed as a kid,,,,twice and three times every year.

/ What implement for creating furrows?
It's this simple. If you don't already own the implement ,there is no way you can rent much less build or buy one for what the job is worth. Have you considered just passing on this job? I would.
Yes & no. I was just going to quote the job in 2 parts. Tilling & furrowing separately, both at rates that make sense to me financially. Furrowing might just be the cost of the ETA bedder. Wouldn't make anything, but would have the tool for the next job. I like tools & impliments & this is only my side gig to fund toys like the nice F350 & the tractor (or impliments) so I have a bit more flexibility tha if it were my day job.

I have a month or 2 as they aren't going tobplant the lavender until late summer at the earliest, to avoid this heat wave.

Leaning towards the ETA bedder if I end up getting the job. US made, TBN supporter & all that. I don't own a disk, but they're around. Haven't seen many for that cheap.

/ What implement for creating furrows? #18  
Pard if you collect enough from doing 3/4 acer to pay for required implement you should be giving advice instead of asking for it. Shoot I'd mow 5 acers for the price of a mower,drag 200 yard driveway for price of landplane and right on down the list.

/ What implement for creating furrows? #19  
Have you considered making a final pass with your tiller tilted to one side? It will push dirt either to the left or right, depending on which way you have it tilted. Based on your "amplitude" between hills and trenches, it looks like it could work for a typical tiller of 5'-6'. For a one-off job, that would be a make do solution that would work ok I think.

/ What implement for creating furrows? #20  
Years ago I did this with a middle buster (I think it was about 12 or 14 inch wide) on about an acre of strawberry patch. I just kept the tires in the furrows and let the hills pile up either side of the buster. After that, I used the tiller held high to break up and smooth the tops of the hills. After driving the tractor thru the field a few more times for the mulch and irrigation, the hills were very well defined and flat on top. The disc bedder would also work but leaves round bottom furrows where the middle buster made it flat bottomed and the sides of the hills surprisingly steep. Of course this method makes the spacing match your tractor width, so you might have some issue if your client doesn't like that spacing.