What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
I was finishing up my swing set for the kids and needed some snap links. They were 11.99 a PIECE!!! Lady at the register said they just went up to 14.99!!!😵. I am glad they honored the 11.99. I went to my local ACE because I did not feel like driving further to a Lowes. Not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper.

D195B8BA-6C0D-4744-8A70-235F1D7EA0EB_1_201_a.jpeg

What insane prices are you paying for simple items like this? maybe we can start sharing where the discounts are at, if any.😁

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #2  
Realize you may not have them, but I am relying on the Amish for hardware, farm needs and repairs. They are much more reasonable.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #3  
Your hardware store is just ridiculously high on that.
IMG_1891.JPG

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #4  
I had a hydraulic hose made for my dozer by a locally owned shop. I was pleasantly surprised it was only $50.
IMG_1892.JPG

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #5  
I was finishing up my swing set for the kids and needed some snap links. They were 11.99 a PIECE!!! Lady at the register said they just went up to 14.99!!!😵. I am glad they honored the 11.99. I went to my local ACE because I did not feel like driving further to a Lowes. Not sure if it would have been a lot cheaper.

View attachment 744026

What insane prices are you paying for simple items like this? maybe we can start sharing where the discounts are at, if any.😁
Everything at Ace Hardware is ludicrously over priced, especially when I can order the same stuff from Amazon and have it next day or second day dropped at my doorstep for half the price. And they stock crazy stuff that nobody in town is going to buy, like a $700 Green Egg grill.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today?
Everything at Ace Hardware is ludicrously over priced, especially when I can order the same stuff from Amazon and have it next day or second day dropped at my doorstep for half the price. And they stock crazy stuff that nobody in town is going to buy, like a $700 Green Egg grill.

The sad thing is I needed them to finish today for the kids so I was in a hurry. The ACE is 2 miles away. I guess I really need to start shopping Amazon. Felt kind of stupid for paying that price.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #7  
I paid 6.24/gal today for on-road diesel. I would think that qualifies as insane/crazy. I don't think enough people realize just how much of an impact this is going to have on the economy. Trucks, trains, tractors, construction equipment. This country literally runs on diesel fuel. Raise the price of diesel and you raise the price of everything. Almost as if by design...

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #8  
The sad thing is I needed them to finish today for the kids so I was in a hurry. The ACE is 2 miles away. I guess I really need to start shopping Amazon. Felt kind of stupid for paying that price.
Oh yeah. Been there, done that. Ace is a mile and a half Lowes is 21 miles.

/ What Insane/Crazy Price did You Pay Today? #10  

There’s 3 branches in my town. The largest town one is pretty competitive with other options. The other 2 are definitely for convenience not value. The one in town is the cheapest place in town to buy brass pex fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.