Buying Advice What Is Happening With Kioti?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #51  
I too have had no real issues over ten years with two Kioti DK's; first a 2008 which I traded in 2010 to go to the DK-40 I have had ever since. Both Kioti's have run great, done everything I've thrown at them. See my attachments list to get a sense of what I've been using them for.
CHEERS,
CM

The Kioti can rest a bit. I just bought a Sany excavator, on which I will be able to run all my tractor attachments on a skid-steer adapter plate, with the exception of my Igland PTO winch. I may put a propeller shaft out the back of the ex to run it though... (just 'kidding)! Anyone ever done that?!

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #52  
I too have had no real issues over ten years with two Kioti DK's; first a 2008 which I traded in 2010 to go to the DK-40 I have had ever since. Both Kioti's have run great, done everything I've thrown at them. See my attachments list to get a sense of what I've been using them for.
CHEERS,
CM

The Kioti can rest a bit. I just bought a Sany excavator, on which I will be able to run all my tractor attachments on a skid-steer adapter plate, with the exception of my Igland PTO winch. I may put a propeller shaft out the back of the ex to run it though... (just 'kidding)! Anyone ever done that?!

Nothing that a properly sized hydraulic motor mounted on the winch won't fix. :) That excavator should have plenty of flow and pressure for that.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #54  
Well at the '22 Farm and Machinery Show I noticed that the Kioti compact tractors still have a single brake pedal ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE HYDRO PEDALS. What moron came up with that idea? How is a human with one right leg supposed to work the brake and throttle if both are on the right??

That was the major turn-off for me when I was shopping compacts. Apparently they never have felt the need to change it. There are so many situations during loader work when I need to work the brake and throttle at the same time for finesse and safety. Kioti is an automatic no.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #55  
Well at the '22 Farm and Machinery Show I noticed that the Kioti compact tractors still have a single brake pedal ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE HYDRO PEDALS. What moron came up with that idea? How is a human with one right leg supposed to work the brake and throttle if both are on the right??

That was the major turn-off for me when I was shopping compacts. Apparently they never have felt the need to change it. There are so many situations during loader work when I need to work the brake and throttle at the same time for finesse and safety. Kioti is an automatic no.
Kioti and MF tend to copy everything Kubota does. Now that Kubota changed the layout on the L02 series I am sure Kioti and Agco will soon follow.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #56  

I assume that you can't play the organ, either. A couple of hours use should establish the muscle memory or whatever you prefer to call it, to operate that machine. I seldom use the brakes on a tractor so it wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #57  
I assume that you can't play the organ, either. A couple of hours use should establish the muscle memory or whatever you prefer to call it, to operate that machine. I seldom use the brakes on a tractor so it wouldn't be much of an issue for me.

Nope, can't play the organ a lick.

But I doubt that sitting at an organ and sitting on a tractor with 1,000 lbs. of material in the bucket on a hillside are comparable. A guy needs to have the brakes on the left (correct) side of the machine for safety of operation.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #59  
Nope, can't play the organ a lick.

But I doubt that sitting at an organ and sitting on a tractor with 1,000 lbs. of material in the bucket on a hillside are comparable. A guy needs to have the brakes on the left (correct) side of the machine for safety of operation.
I could get used to that. I've never owned a tractor with the brakes on the left, but a little time can work wonders. I just watched a video that showed the layout of the hydrostatic pedals and the brake. In all honesty, it isn't much different than using a motor vehicle with an automatic transmission. The right foot is used for both the accelerator and the brake pedal. The "don't use your left foot to brake" lesson was really hammered home fifty plus years ago in driver education. The thought being that removing the right foot from the accelerator was the safest manner to do it. The idea being that using the left foot to brake with the right foot still hovering above or touching the accelerator could cause the right foot to press on the accelerator during hard braking.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #60  
Kioti seems to be doing just Fine.

Neat look into the dealer meeting at the end of 2021 on what's up for 2022

DK and NX combined to a new series NS ,
uses the older rear axle from pre 2012 DK, less electronics, metal fenders and more features than the earlier DK models