Buying Advice What Is Happening With Kioti?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #61  
Kioti compact tractors still have a single brake pedal ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE HYDRO PEDALS. What moron came up with that idea? How is a human with one right leg supposed to work the brake and throttle if both are on the right??

That was the major turn-off for me when I was shopping compacts. Apparently they never have felt the need to change it. There are so many situations during loader work when I need to work the brake and throttle at the same time for finesse and safety. Kioti is an automatic no.
Well, the throttle lever is on the dashboard so most of us use a hand for that operation. ;)

But seriously, why are you on the brakes and the hydro pedals at the same time? I get all the tractor speed and position control I need from the hydro pedals. Let off of one... it stops and holds. I only use the brake when parked.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #62  
I've got a 2018 CK3510SE with just under 200hrs on it and have no problems with it. Rotary cutter, chipper, box blade, tiller, FEL all good.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #63  
A guy needs to have the brakes on the left (correct) side of the machine for safety of operation.
I've never owned a tractor with the brakes on the left.
Even my garden tractor had the brakes on the right (they were all gear drive, so the clutch was on the left)

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #64  
Well at the '22 Farm and Machinery Show I noticed that the Kioti compact tractors still have a single brake pedal ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE HYDRO PEDALS. What moron came up with that idea? How is a human with one right leg supposed to work the brake and throttle if both are on the right??

That was the major turn-off for me when I was shopping compacts. Apparently they never have felt the need to change it. There are so many situations during loader work when I need to work the brake and throttle at the same time for finesse and safety. Kioti is an automatic no.

Must be on the smaller tractors as the two hydro pedals on on the right side and the brake pedals (linked) are in the center on the NX series.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #65  
My company owns a Kioti dealership in Idaho Falls, ID. And my impression is that Kioti is doing really well overall with their products. Now they are one of the few that have product on the market, and parts are not too hard to get it seems?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #66  
Well, the throttle lever is on the dashboard so most of us use a hand for that operation. ;)

But seriously, why are you on the brakes and the hydro pedals at the same time? I get all the tractor speed and position control I need from the hydro pedals. Let off of one... it stops and holds. I only use the brake when parked.

Do you live in Kansas?

I don't. We have hills here. No hydro with a load in the bucket is going to stand still on a hill.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #67  
Do you live in Kansas?

I don't. We have hills here. No hydro with a load in the bucket is going to stand still on a hill.
A lot of southern Michigan is pretty flat, but I have about 50 feet of elevation change on my property, some of it in some pretty steep short hills. No, on a 20% grade it doesn't sit still if you take your foot off the pedal, but you can still hold your tractor at a standstill by only using the hydro pedal. It will absolutely stand still on a hill, with a light dab of hydro pedal. If you need to park, you hop over to the brake pedal, obviously (and lower your 3-pt attachment and bucket).

What am I missing? You constantly switch between hydro pedals and the brake pedal just because you are driving/operating on hills? Sounds awful.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #68  
A lot of old farm folk use our brakes to steer with. At the end of a row, I will turn my tractor around on one rear wheel. And no I don't have HST. I love my shuttle.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #69  
A lot of old farm folk use our brakes to steer with. At the end of a row, I will turn my tractor around on one rear wheel. And no I don't have HST. I love my shuttle.
I think a few too many folks here don’t know what the separate pedals are there fore and don’t really work thier tractors nearly as hard as they claim.

I agree on the shuttle!

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #70  
I think many folks here purchase tractors for many different needs. I've owned 3 HST compact tractors with the single brake peddle over a period of 30 yrs. and never had the need the need to use a brake peddle to turn. The brakes sole purpose is to stop or hold in on a grade. I've also owned a backhoe with shuttle and separate brake peddles for 40 yrs. and never had the need to unlink them. I think we should respect everyone for their individual needs and opinions.