What is the craziest build idea you ever had ?

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #101  
I used to know several guys flying so called "rogallo" wings sometime in early seventies. I also used to know a guy who was mechanically adventurous but was afraid to fly. Watching those guys flying he decided to put engine with a propeller on a "rogallo" and one day he brought it to at the place where the "pilots" were flying asking if somebody wants to try it. Of course there were takers. The things didn't have wheels so to take off the pilot had run until lift was achieved and also land on his feet. The first guy took of without asking any instructions how to operate the engine. He flew OK until attempted to land at full throttle. Once his feet hit the ground he fell on his face and was dragged by the momentum several yards on freshly disked field before stopped. Needles to say that his face was completely torn off. About a year later after numerous plastic surgeries I heard him saying if he knew how good job the plastic surgeons can do he would ask for a better face.

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #102  
one of the dumber things i did was try to use a 10 bale stook for a ramp for a dirt bike jump.. well if you didnt think a stook of hay bales could explode let me tell you it sure can.... neither me or the bike were hurt but i never tryed it again

Darn, why do I always mess everything up so badly?
OUCH!

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #103  
Dunno if it was my best build, my most technical build, my most fun build or my most neighbor annoying build. heck, all of the above!

Newtons Law

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #104  
OK, you win.

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #105  
Dunno if it was my best build, my most technical build, my most fun build or my most neighbor annoying build. heck, all of the above!

Newtons Law

My vote for craziest.

What did you use for a valve?

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #107  
wow that gun is bad. Stay off the atv's, you have kids.:thumbsup:

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #108  
wow that gun is bad. Stay off the atv's, you have kids.:thumbsup:

Wasn't the bikes fault. :) Still riding.

While not so much "construction", plenty more "deconstruction" if you watch my other stuff or just search "ke1lb" at youtube. I have to be a professional at work, nobody said at home!

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #109  
craziest thing ive built was a 175lb treadle hammer. 2hp electric motor,belt drive with a axle,drum and wooden shoes from a 40's ih pickup for the engagement.250lb trenton anvil was used for the anvil and the frame was built from a 1200lb peice of a bandsaw from a local factory i got from a scrap yard. i machined the tooling my self. i have a 25lb little giant in the shop and i thought if 25lb does the job 175lb would be even better. fist time i ran it the whole ******* slab under the shop cracked from wall to wall and the dishes in the house vibrated off the shelves. to put it mildly my wife was not happy lol but it was fun :D

/ What is the craziest build idea you ever had ? #110  
craziest thing ive built was a 175lb treadle hammer. 2hp electric motor,belt drive with a axle,drum and wooden shoes from a 40's ih pickup for the engagement.250lb trenton anvil was used for the anvil and the frame was built from a 1200lb peice of a bandsaw from a local factory i got from a scrap yard. i machined the tooling my self. i have a 25lb little giant in the shop and i thought if 25lb does the job 175lb would be even better. fist time i ran it the whole ******* slab under the shop cracked from wall to wall and the dishes in the house vibrated off the shelves. to put it mildly my wife was not happy lol but it was fun :D
that's funny. Do you still use it?:laughing: