What is this machine ???...

/ What is this machine ???... #31  
No, if the arms are down I stand in front, lean in, grab the steering column with my right hand, step on the bucket or box blade and pull myself up and in just like getting in to most skid steers.

/ What is this machine ???...
" I think I will go there and offer $750, after getting the actual details / history"

I would bet there's no "there" there. A $28000 machine for $1000? There's an immediate scam alert. If you contact him about going to see it, I'm sure you will get the standard response of "I'm selling it for someone, it's not here. Send me a check/money order/give me your account info & it will be delivered to you". Run, far away from this one.
very likely, but I am chatting with the "seller" who is listed in my community. I think it is a scam (see original post), I also think the details are ALL suspect.

with my 26 yrs in Corrections, this is just another scammer

/ What is this machine ???... #34  
Could be, but its not uncommon for people to not know what they have with these comercial mowers. Most likely has a Kubota engine and they were offered in 4wd. Price is decent but not crazy low.

I'd say worth a try.

/ What is this machine ???... #35  
Some people also want to just get rid of stuff that needs "work", often not knowing how little is required. I bought 3 Zturns (Grasshopper, Yazoo-kees, Dixon) on a 20' trailer for 2300. Sold the Dixon still use the other 2 and the trailer. Needed less than $100 worth of parts and little love. Guy did not know how to fix anything and it would cost him several thousand to get a days worth for effort to put into the machines.

/ What is this machine ???... #36  
Some people also want to just get rid of stuff that needs "work", often not knowing how little is required. I bought 3 Zturns (Grasshopper, Yazoo-kees, Dixon) on a 20' trailer for 2300. Sold the Dixon still use the other 2 and the trailer. Needed less than $100 worth of parts and little love. Guy did not know how to fix anything and it would cost him several thousand to get a days worth for effort to put into the machines.
Isn't that the truth. I always wonder why people would rather make payments on the cheapest new machine they can find instead of fixing up a much higher quality old machine that just needs repairs.
Lots of those around.

/ What is this machine ???... #37  
I have to wonder how many people know how much and what is required to sharpen reel mowers, so that they cut properly and don't just stall out from plugging.

/ What is this machine ???... #38  
I have to wonder how many people know how much and what is required to sharpen reel mowers, so that they cut properly and don't just stall out from plugging.
Exactly, they are maintence hogs, not to mention you'll need either a connection for someone with a reel grinder or buy one which is expensive.

/ What is this machine ???... #39  
Isn't that the truth. I always wonder why people would rather make payments on the cheapest new machine they can find instead of fixing up a much higher quality old machine that just needs repairs.
Lots of those around.
Some people just don't have the time to mess with older equipment, I use to buy older equipment and repair it. In the last few years I just don't have the time to dedicate to older equipment.
Case in point, I just bought a gooseneck trailer instead of fixing up/modifying the trailer I have. I needed a trailer i could use and after months of trying to work on my old one I finally realized it wasn't going to happen before I needed it.

/ What is this machine ???... #40  
very likely, but I am chatting with the "seller" who is listed in my community. I think it is a scam (see original post), I also think the details are ALL suspect.

with my 26 yrs in Corrections, this is just another scammer
I was hoping to read your report after seeing it by now.