What is this on my new L6060

/ What is this on my new L6060 #1  

Hilbilly

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L6060HSTCC
I'm in the process of making a guard for the 3rd function hydraulic hoses and noticed this weird little plunger coming out of what appears to be a bolt in the bottom of the transmission. Can anyone tell me what is? I sure don't like having something like this fragile thing hanging from the underside of the tractor. I can see this getting easily damaged.

DSCN2940.JPG

/ What is this on my new L6060 #2  
I believe that drains water.

/ What is this on my new L6060 #3  
Oil came out of mine, but yes that is a water drain

/ What is this on my new L6060 #4  
Please post photos of your guard. I’m waiting on delivery of a L5460 and will have to fabricate some protection for the vulnerable hoses.

/ What is this on my new L6060 #5  
Its a weep bolt for your bell housing area. They say it for water but it actually drains oil that leaks past your propeller shaft, and main seals on tranny and motor.

/ What is this on my new L6060
A water drain? for what?

The little plunger moves up and down freely and nothing comes out of it now but the tractor only has 14 hrs on it. That little plunger is sure to get bent if a stick or anything else hits it. Seems like a really dumb thing to have under a tractor. Hope it doesn't matter if it gets bent.

I will post pics of the guard once it's done. Should be tomorrow, maybe tonight if I get back to it.

/ What is this on my new L6060
Its a weep bolt for your bell housing area. They say it for water but it actually drains oil that leaks past your propeller shaft, and main seals on tranny and motor.

I posted before your post was up. Thanks for the info and that makes sense. I guess if the little plunger gets bent in the open position it won't matter. I could replace it too, if I notice it is damaged. I'm sure it wouldn't be too expensive (ya right).

/ What is this on my new L6060 #8  
Weep hole and vent to atmospheric pressure.

/ What is this on my new L6060 #9  
I am not much of a fabricator, so I bought a nicely made plug and play guard for my L4060 3rd function hoses. Paul Short (Specialty Repairs) out of Canada makes them.

/ What is this on my new L6060 #10  
I am not much of a fabricator, so I bought a nicely made plug and play guard for my L4060 3rd function hoses. Paul Short (Specialty Repairs) out of Canada makes them.

Great fabricator, I've bought stuff for BX and Grand L. One of the main reasons I traded my L5030HSTC for an L5740HSTC was the exposed hydraulics especially third function.

We have some fabricators on TBN, but I don't know of anyone who sells them.

If oil leaks out that pin, get it to your dealer ASAP; expensive repair.