What is your favorite feature on your tractor?

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #21  
its hard to say on mine- I feel I have taken everything on my tractor for granted....:thumbsup:

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #22  
The orange tractor. The hydraulic shuttle:thumbsup: and the joystick for the loader are my favorites. If you have never used a loader without a joystick you don't realize how nice it is.

The blue tractor. The number of gears. It has 10 forward gears plus 5 creep gears and it also has a slow top speed. This makes it easy to find the right gear and I never find myself wanting another gear inbetween. :thumbsup: (this is one of my gripes with most newer tractors, you only get 8 gears and the top speed is higher so you have fewer gears over a wider range of speed.)

Ed

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #23  
That it starts every time I need it unlike my old ford 2n. second has to be the loader.

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #24  
Now Boone, what about the rest of us:(

I can't pick a specific feature, I never grew up with tractors like some of you but now having one I don't know how I ever ran fish camp without one! So I guess I would have to say that the whole **** tractor is my favorite feature.
Rick

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #25  
Going from an 1950 8N to a 2005 Challenger MT275 turbo diesel. The whole tractor. But mainly the FEL and live hydraulics. but I really like almost double the HP and the high low range 4 speed. Much easier to find the right gear than the old 4 speed. 4x4 and locking diff has also come in very handy. Also fuel consumption is way better.

The only thing I don't like is the parts are more expensive and harder to find after market on this new machine.

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #26  
... I don't know how I ever ran fish camp without one!

Tractors are more addictive than any drug. They make you feel good and bring enjoyment. Once you had one, it's very painful to be without one. Doing without is completely unthinkable. People have been known to go deeply in debt just to avoid suffering withdrawals (something to which, even yours truly can attest -- LHMOMS).

Why in the heck are these things still legal?

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #27  
Without a doubt my favorite feature on any tractor would have to be the seat, all things would be much more difficult without one.

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #28  
My favorite feature on both my Kubota's, the M9 and the 105 is NO PAYMENT BOOK.:D

/ What is your favorite feature on your tractor? #30  
Which one? There's 17 of 'em to pick from. One common denominator....They're all paid for.

My favorite tractor is the one in my avatar photo. ('71 MF 150 diesel/8-speed)
My favorite "feature" of that one is 40+ years of stone reliable service. I know there's (at least) one thing in this world I can always depend on.