What kind of gravel for driveway?

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #21  
There have been many suggestions listed and I don't presume to be an expert. However I have a 1/4 mile driveway and I had approximately 100 tons of 2 inch drain rock brought in and spread over it. Used to have big problems with mud, but no more.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #23  
Fabric or more commonly known as Geotextile (Woven & Non-woven) can be had at pipe supply and concrete specialty supply houses. If your driveway sub-base is pumping it is always good to remove the poor base and choke it with a larger stone. If that will not work or if you are on bottomless poor material make sure you use a stabilization fabric or a Woven Geotextile. There are two types of common fabrics on sites, filtration and stabilization one should not be used for the other. Try searching on-line and trace to a supplier near you.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #24  
That driveway fabric would probably work well on a small driveway. But I can just imagine the price of 2.5 miles of it..

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #25  
scesnick said:
That driveway fabric would probably work well on a small driveway. But I can just imagine the price of 2.5 miles of it..

I've seen them do HUGE parking lots with it. If you have the money it's much of a big deal.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #26  
well im looking at doing about 30'x30' and a 10'x25..about how much does this stuff run and is it worth it???

/ What kind of gravel for driveway?
Mark - nice work!

I started tearing up my existing driveway with the brand new box blade and then started ripping into the sod for the extension to my shop.

Once I was an hour in I realised that I had not taken any 'before' pictures. I stopped to show off my new top n tilt setup to my neighbour and karma showed up to punish me for forgetting to take some before pictures for you guys..... I noticed liquid coming out of one of my rear tires around the valve as I was showing off my new mods.

Going to have to wait till Tuesday as the local tire guy has taken the long weekend off.:( Next time I will remember to take before pictures.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #28  
Isn't it a pain to remember to take before pics?!

I always forget and kick myself. Starting to remember a bit more now after enough looks after my "you should have seen it before!" speech. Doesn't have the same impact.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #29  
lovemytoys said:
well im looking at doing about 30'x30' and a 10'x25..about how much does this stuff run and is it worth it???

I paid $180.00 for 300' x 10' rolls not including shipping. They have smaller units. Is it worth is something you will have to decide for youself. I am completely happy I used it. As I said, I had a couple of areas that were soft and my material was being pushed into the dirt by my tractor. The geo-thermal corrects that issue.

/ What kind of gravel for driveway? #30  
Yea, it's tough to remember to take pics. I always leave the camera in the house which doesn't help. Today was perfect example, put new line of fence up for a new horse that arrived today. We also back filled to stalls with gravel that were flooded. Did I take pics of the finish product? Nope. I guess it could be worst, at least took some before pics.