What kinda bug?

/ What kinda bug?
Yep that's the one! Thanks for the info guys. Seems like this guy won't give me any problems.

Have a good one

Jarrod

/ What kinda bug? #12  
Thanks Randy, for the link to the flyin' model /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Cool design, ...except for the earthworms-as-antennae feature /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

...so now we know!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

(Thanks for bringing this up, Jarrod)

Larry

/ What kinda bug? #13  
Re: What kinda bug?/Squirrel Fishing

Farmer Bob,

Great!! /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Doodlebug fishing! Does that really work? I love it! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I'm 60 now, but next time I get around any doodlebugs, I'm gonna give it a try (old farts and kids are the only ones who know what fun is, anyway)!

Hey, speaking of memories, ...here's one for you guys/gals:

Try "squirrel-fishing"!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif (I THINK I actually invented this one)

Link a 2 ft.-or-so length of rubberbands, together. This is your "fishing line". Double-loop (you know what I mean) the last one around the "waist" of a peanut. A peanut just like all the ones you were just feeding to the park squirrels.

Give it to the next squirrel and HANG ON!!

Can you say funny? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Take your kids, and the camera, ...camcorder is even better!

Come on, now, ... it's not mean. Jes' makin' 'em earn their dinner!

But watch out,..sometimes they get MAD (no kidding)! /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif

(This IS a true story, boys and girls!)

/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Larry

/ What kinda bug? #14  

Whoops /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif , forgot one "squirrel fishing" caution:

DO NOT LET GO!! The squirrel will have the peanut in his mouth, or in his paws, close to his face,... if you let go, the "snap" of the rubber bands could injure the squirrel's eyes. DEFINITELY NOT "funny"!!

Entertainment is one thing, ...injury another /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif .

Torture nicely, I always say!!

Larry

/ What kinda bug? #15  

Hi ya
sounds like a lot of fun but we don't have them (squirrels)here but one of my mates when people fishing he ties a box or money (i can't recall)to a fishing line and when people got close he would reel them in only prob was frist catch was the local cop:(
catch ya
JD Kid

/ What kinda bug? #16  
This "sand-pit" concept has been put to good use in several science fiction movies - Star Wars (The Empire Strikes Back - I think) and Enemy Mine.

/ What kinda bug? #17  
When I saw Jarrod mention a tobaco barn on his place, I found "another" new reason to quit smoking. Now with the good links you all have provided, I'm wondering how the little critter would have been on a sinking tip fly line.
Now I'm missing the barn swallows this year because we have had the starlings chase em out of the barn. Flying at sunset scooping up the bad bugs. Those little guys payed more rent than was asked. But that's another story.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

/ What kinda bug? #18  

I tried people fishing when I was a kid. Took an old wallet, left the corner of a dollar sticking out, attached a string and hid in the bushes waiting to reel in my catch. Problem was the first victim was my big sister... ya wanna talk about TORTURE!
At least squirrels can't beat your behind. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

SHF

/ What kinda bug? #19  

Now that sounds like fun
laugh.gif

I'll hafta try that next time I play golf. We got some squirrels on the course that'll steal your golf ball if you're not quick. Maybe I'll put the "fish'n line" around a ball /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

FarmerBob