Buying Advice What should I consider?

/ What should I consider?
You know I've seen folks plowing with them but not having an ATV, I guess I thought them more a novelty than actual snow mover. One of them could make cleaning out spaces a lot easier. I don't know about walkways since tenants like to pull cars over the walk way. The other issue is the amount of snow over time so plowing on walkways would have diminishing returns in terms of places to put it. My L3540 with FEL and Back Blade is relegated to use on the homestead. It handles the chores of plowing here at the house but is heavy and a cold ride when it's windy or temps drop below freezing. I have a trailer but it is stored next to my barn. Honestly, due to the weight of the L3540 I don't think I'd want to tow it in anything but nice dry weather certainly not in snowy or icy conditions. The apartments are over 10 miles from here and the despite the tractor being 4WD etc... That open cab in the snow and elements would be far less than pleasant.

I would also not want to leave it there simply because we are on a busy road ... Yes off on our own but could not secure it adequately. It would also be something kids would want to play on (liability issue) or something to vandalize. I've been told I have trust issues but I hate dangling something for someone to damage or steal out there. Even the ATV would probably be a storage issue since my store rooms only have standard 36" doors. I have limitations on limitations... I don't mind spending to potentially remodel and widen them but cost benefit has to be there.

/ What should I consider? #12  
How bout a large walk behind snowblower. I mean a really deluxe model. Stencil your name all over it to slow down thieves, chain it to something sturdy, and by all means insure the daylights out of it. Move the chute around so the snow goes where you want, not on top of somebody's car and it might work.

/ What should I consider? #13  
I like the garden tractor with snowblower idea; you could do your own lawn maintenance with it too. Or a deluxe walk behind snowblower; stencil your name all over it , chain it to something indoors and sturdy, and insure the dickens out of it . Make it harder for crackheads to steal; they get cold fingers too.

You pretty much have it. The problem with transporting equipment is for where I have to come from and go to it would be dangerous during bad weather which is exactly why I would be trying to get there in the first place. Trailering would be pretty neat impossible to pull onto site and get either turned around or back onto 4 lane road not to mention being in the way of the work and tenants wanting to come and go. Unlike a retail property or college campus, I can't close, cancel, delay, etc... In order to clear walks and lot. I'm willing to accept I may have to continue to bite the bullet and have my lot plowed by others but walkways are my focus. Snow doesn't always arrive here on a nice schedule so sometimes we are clearing these walks 3-4 times a day depending on snow fall. I also must contend with people stomping fresh snow into icebergs when they get up to go to work, walk the dog, etc... Before you get to them. If you've owned property tenants are generally nice but try to get them to do something simple like move their cars and you might as well wait until spring for it to happen in most cases. I appreciate the fact that you like I may not see any other options but trying to let fresh eyes look at it and see if they have any solutions I may have simply not considered.

/ What should I consider? #15  
A problem you've mentioned several times here is people parking to far up so they obstruct the walkway. Somebody suggested bumpers, that's a good idea. Or tell people not to park up close, and anyone who does gets the car covered in snow from the snowblower, they would get the idea pretty quick then (at least I would)

/ What should I consider? #16  
you say your storage rooms have 36" doors, i would think making a wider door would be the easiest solution, don't know how big those rooms are though.

/ What should I consider? #17  
Our maintenance people used to use an angling back blade to clear the sidewalks at our school on a 20 or so hp tractor.

/ What should I consider? #18  
Based on what I've read, I still think a RTV, or ATV, if you prefer, with blade and broom attachments, kept in a small storage building- the kind brought in on a trailer, set on a gravel pad, and movable as the creek causes issues, maybe with some 4x4 post anchors?, would do what you want. It would be a tax write off, of course, but I'd guess even used you'd be talking $15K. But I know your pain in shoveling so much snow. Just came in from plowing, in the blowing snow, w/o a cab.

/ What should I consider? #19  
I'm not picturing your parking lot, so I'm just throwing this out as a wild idea.

Can you erect some covered parking spots? These could then be offered to tenants as a premium parking option at an additional cost. You could build into this structure an enclosed area for secure storage of whatever snow removal equipment you settle on.

This could even work out to be an additional income stream for the property.

Just a thought to solve your storage issue.

They are only about 12' wide and 30' deep. Whoever built them did so cheaply and allowed for nothing.