Buying Advice What should I consider?

/ What should I consider?
   / What should I consider? #22  
Looks like a good spot for a storage shed is there on the left between the first and second building.

By the time the creek is gonna cause you issues, you will have bigger issues to worry about as two of the buildings on the left are gonna be gone.

That area floods everytime we get a heavy rain as does the small area at the tip of the map (behind dumpsters) as the creek wraps around back there. Many of the trees on either bank are being undercut such that the roots are visible 3-4' back under the trunk of trees on the banks just hanging in mid-air all the soil washed from them. Sooner or later one is going to hit a building or a person.

If you look along drive way and that area is my mail boxes I have a parking lot drain at each end of the mailboxes and one near street. When water comes down that creek those things turn into 4' - 5' fountains of creek water and have lifted the heavy steel covers and tossed them aside.

/ What should I consider? #25  
Have you considered a covered trailer and park an ATV and other snow removal equipment in it? Weather forecasts usually give you ample warning and you take the trailer with equipment out to the location while the weather is decent. When the snow is gone, put the trailer with equipment in a secure place.

That may actually be a very simple solution worth more attention. Thanks!

/ What should I consider? #27  
How much or should I say how deep is the flooding? Could it be possible to use some heavy rocks to build up an area so that a shed and its contents wont be affected by the flooding?

I thought about that a few years back but would be like building a garage on stilts and then building a ramp to get stuff in and out etc... Not to mention when the creek swells up and over its banks it's moving at a fair clip and thru there so could undermine a foundation pretty easy based on the 200-300lb boulders it tosses down the creek like marbles. I've never done much construction of any degree in areas where you know it's far less than ideal. Without someone with more knowledge and experience than I putting an eyeball and a pencil to it, I wouldn't risk the expense on the structure or the equipment its likely to have in it. The City needs to build a containment pond or something upstream to limit this flooding and the speed that the water flows down the creek ... If they were to do that I'd be willing to risk it.

/ What should I consider? #29  
Have you considered a covered trailer and park an ATV and other snow removal equipment in it? Weather forecasts usually give you ample warning and you take the trailer with equipment out to the location while the weather is decent. When the snow is gone, put the trailer with equipment in a secure place.

This is the best idea I've seem yet for this problem

/ What should I consider? #30  
How about a cabbed tractor that can be road driven to the parking lot? Cab tractor with an angle blade can move a lot of snow in a hurry. Doesn't help your sidewalk situation...