Tractor Sizing What size tractor do I need?

/ What size tractor do I need? #31  
Make a list of attachments you want to operate. Look carefully at the amount of HP at the PTO you need to operate all of them. Settle a few HP more than what the manufacture lists. That will put you right in ball park for HP. Keep in mind HP is not the only thing, the weight of machine and what tires you choose can be gigantic to success. Transmissions are very hard to compare, they all have attributes and you will have to go with what you think you can operate safely. Manual gear transmissions are not for everyone, and HST is not the best or most efficient in most applications.

HS

/ What size tractor do I need? #32  
Well, I can verify that the 4035 comes with one set of remotes. The dealer just dropped it off for us to play with over the weekend and see if we like it:thumbsup:

WOW, that is so cool that you have a dealer that will do that for you. :cool2: Now if you like the tractor, and I'm pretty sure that you will, really consider that 2nd remote. I know it's a lot of money, but when you are grading it sure is nice to have the whole "TnT" kit. You typically end up with a much better finished grading job.

After you recoup some from the purchase, a complete "TnT" kit would run you $575 + shipping for the 4035.

Let us know how much you like it on Sunday or Monday, good luck. ;)

/ What size tractor do I need?
Well, we just signed the paperwork on a new Mahindra 4035. We went with the 4035 over the 3535 largely due to the PST transmission.
I'd like to thank Mr. LaWall from LaWall's tractor for willingly answering my questions, even though we didn't end up buying from him. He's a top notch dealer and I would have liked to purchase from him, but our new local Mahindra dealer (Larry Romance & Sons in Sheridan, NY) is close by and treated us very nicely, and LaWall's is almost a 2 hour drive.

We got the tractor just in time, supposed to be getting heavy snow by the weekend. I'll be using the bucket for this season, by next season I hope to have a cab & plow on it.

/ What size tractor do I need? #34  
Congratulations on your new tractor.

/ What size tractor do I need? #35  
RockyNY said:
We're in the early stages of looking at compacts, and I'm looking for feedback on sizing. The heaviest usage of the tractor will be in the winter, to clear our parking lot, and to unload the occasional freight shipments that we get. The shipments we get weigh a maximum of 1500 lbs, so will be the minimum capability for the FEL.
Because the primary usage will be in the winter, a cab is in consideration. I know it adds quite a bit to the cost, and I've looked at aftermarket cabs but I'm not impressed by them. From what I've seen and read, factory cabs are the way to go.
Our dealer options are Mahindra, New Holland, Kioti, Kubota and of course JD. I've been researching mostly Mahindra and Kioti, as they seem to be the best value.
I've been looking at the 35-45hp range. We want something big enough to do the job properly, but have limited funds. I was really interested in the Mahindra 3616 cab model with FEL, but I'm a little worried that it might be too small. I like the 3535 (because of it's extra weight and lifting capacity) and the 4035, but they aren't available with a cab. The Kioti DK40SE HST CAB would be another option.
I guess my real question is this: Would a 36hp Mahindra 3616 be large enough to suit our needs? We could always load the tires and/or put chains on if traction is a problem. And the 1500 lbs would be close to the FEL's limit, especially considering that a load on pallet forks is front of the pins. (Although 1500lbs would be the exception rather than the norm. The majority of our shipments are <1000 lbs.) I'm also thinking bucket size, the 40hp's have 72" buckets vs 60" buckets on the 35 hp, would make a difference in snow clearing speed. I've never owned a tractor, so I'm kind of at a loss as the the capabilities of various models.

My friend has a kubota grand L great machine strong can lift what you want and more it also has a very nice cab And for the snow I do it in his machine very strong with the turbo and is amazing with the front blower Also if your not using a blower I don't think you need a cab unless you do lots of cleaning

/ What size tractor do I need? #36  
Well, we just signed the paperwork on a new Mahindra 4035. We went with the 4035 over the 3535 largely due to the PST transmission.
I'd like to thank Mr. LaWall from LaWall's tractor for willingly answering my questions, even though we didn't end up buying from him. He's a top notch dealer and I would have liked to purchase from him, but our new local Mahindra dealer (Larry Romance & Sons in Sheridan, NY) is close by and treated us very nicely, and LaWall's is almost a 2 hour drive.

We got the tractor just in time, supposed to be getting heavy snow by the weekend. I'll be using the bucket for this season, by next season I hope to have a cab & plow on it.

Congratulations on your new purchase:thumbsup:
With the weather headed your way you should be able to have some fun with it. Sounds like a nice tractor.

/ What size tractor do I need? #37  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ What size tractor do I need? #38  
RockyNY, congrats on your new tractor.

/ What size tractor do I need? #39  
1 inherited a 700 acre farm. 400 acres some areas with 20% grade slope and will be used for cropland. the rest is woodland. How large of a tractor do I need.

/ What size tractor do I need? #40  
1 inherited a 700 acre farm. 400 acres some areas with 20% grade slope and will be used for cropland. the rest is woodland. How large of a tractor do I need.
More info needed to properly help you. But to start with at a minimum you could make good use of 2 separate machines. A 40-50hp 4x4 with a loader and a 100hp 4x4. This is only a starting point. Really need more info to be able to actually help you. :confused3:

I'm sure others will-can be of more help. Good luck. ;)