What the heck are spin out wheels???

/ What the heck are spin out wheels??? #21  
I agree with MHarryE. They should be limited to a certain size tractor. And they also should be checked periodically for tightness. If allowed to loosen the slightest bit the stress then is applied to the tightest bracket/rail. That rail will then fail.

Sorry to hear of your problem. I don't recall having seen a late model AG series Kubota with power adjust wheels. You'll see some older models equipped with them.

/ What the heck are spin out wheels??? #22  
I agree with MHarryE. They should be limited to a certain size tractor. And they also should be checked periodically for tightness. If allowed to loosen the slightest bit the stress then is applied to the tightest bracket/rail. That rail will then fail. Sorry to hear of your problem. I don't recall having seen a late model AG series Kubota with power adjust wheels. You'll see some older models equipped with them.

Mine were extra strange in that the locks had approximately 1/2 inch clearance with the U shaped centering lug so each time I shifted from forward to reverse the wheel would slide. The last day I was cultivating some small fields along a creek bed and needed heavy use of the turning brakes, to the wheel just like shifting from forward to reverse. The side that failed was the one getting heavy turning brake use.

The wheels were Titan and the welds looked like a chicken had crapped them. In addition they were only welded at the bar ends. Our other tractors with power shift wheels, and all those we found on the dealer's lot, were stitch welded along the flat portion of the rim, welds both sides of the bar. Not sure why Titan might have deleted these welds - fatigue problem or just missed by the welder. The welds appeared to be hand welds, not robotic as shown by inconsistency.

/ What the heck are spin out wheels??? #24  
Had these on my dad's Case 730. We'd pull them in to add axle/hub mount duals, put them back out for row crop. The spacing of the clamps, seems like there were only 6, but maybe it was 8. We would loosen all but 2, then put those 2 on the bottom during the move. One of the rails had holes in it for a lock and pin to be used to limit the travel. Never had a problem with them.