What to do with used anti-freeze?

/ What to do with used anti-freeze? #31  
The biggest Marina in my area and in Cincy where I used to live have pits filled with 1000's of gallons of anti-freeze. They look like loading docks at a freight depo. They simply back the the trailer in far enough to submerge the water pick-up on the engine, fire it up and allow it to run for aprox 10 minutes to come up to temp then shut it down. It takes about 5 gallons to fill the average V8 inboard engine. Doing this puts lake water into the mix each time they start a engine so they simply do 10 boats or so the roll over a 55 gallon drum of anti-freeze and dump it in. Like I said these pits hold a couple thousand gallons so the mix stays pretty consistent at 50/50 and is checked daily.

Chris

There was also a time when boats discharged raw sewage into the rivers and Great Lakes. Many thought that was OK. Dumping 1,000's of gallons of antifreeze into the lake falls into the same category.

Just because it is being done does not make it right.

/ What to do with used anti-freeze? #32  
Used antifreeze....I would LOVE to get about 80 gallons of used anti-freeze to put in my tractor tires...... Check with your local tractor places or put a free ad in the "flyer" or a 3X5 card on the hardware store. This is great for tire ballast.:thumbsup:

/ What to do with used anti-freeze? #33  
Used antifreeze....I would LOVE to get about 80 gallons of used anti-freeze to put in my tractor tires...... Check with your local tractor places or put a free ad in the "flyer" or a 3X5 card on the hardware store. This is great for tire ballast.:thumbsup:

Exactly why im saving mine as i change it out. I have been meaning to go to shops around town and try and beg some 5 gallon pails of the stuff. I want to fill my tires up. Luckily i only would need about 25 gallons