Snow What to use for snow clearing?

/ What to use for snow clearing? #21  
At work wake use a power broom as an attachment on a skid steer to clean to the base so people don't fall on their butt walking in from their vehicles. We get down to that last bit using a snow blower. Before that we always had some falls when there was enough left to make it slick.

/ What to use for snow clearing? #22  
I'm thinking the pto driven broom is the best option but then I have to remove my loader and thats why I bought a rear mount blower instead of a front mount.

PTO brooms are mighty expensive and front brooms even more expensive (for a compact tractor).
If you do go for a PTO broom, I suggest you consider a rear PTO driven one...that leaves your loader on the tractor and will definitely save you some money when purchasing.

PTO brooms are listed on Craigslist occasionally, BTW.

/ What to use for snow clearing? #23  
Those cobble stone streets that were spoken of lasting a hundred years were granite not brick pavers. And they were rough as ****, not smooth. But they did last a long time.

/ What to use for snow clearing? #24  
Okay so I have a back blade, box blade and snow blower, but what do I use to remove snow from a interlocking brick driveway. I don't want to wreck it after spending close to 45k on it. Idon't want to scratch it or hit an edge. For heavy snow the blower works fine but doesn't remove everything. I want it bare. Is a pto /power broom a good idea or is there something better?
If you want it clean without scratching your driveway, I would use a broom. They work really well on 3" or less. If you have more than that, use your blower to get the majority and then broom the rest. Down side, brooms are really expensive. Upside your driveway is more expensive to replace.:thumbsup:

/ What to use for snow clearing? #25  
BTW I would have a front mount angle broom so you can have your blower on the back. Also, you can use the broom the rest of the year cleaning debris off your drive like leaves, grass, small twigs, acorns, walnuts, etc. The bristles will clean the joints of your pavers well.

/ What to use for snow clearing? #26  
YelBike- Your post 19, cleared up a lot of my concerns! An 18" 'Base'! Wow! That select fill sub-base should eliminate any heaving problems! Lots of our roads don't have that kind of 'base'. I think that you just have to address the surface protection. Broom/squeege/rubber-edge etc. Let us know what you end up doing! ~Scotty

/ What to use for snow clearing? #27  
JD 4520 said:
I would guess that a polyurethane edge may be a bit too stiff and pull up some of your brick edges.

just to stray a little off-topic, polyurethanes can be formulated over a surprisingly wide range of stiffnesses. They also tend to be quite tough and abrasion-resistant.

/ What to use for snow clearing?
I was originally thinking some poly type material, where would I look for that?

/ What to use for snow clearing? #29  
yelbike said:
I was originally thinking some poly type material, where would I look for that?

Tap Plastics. See if there is a location near you or similar store different flag.

/ What to use for snow clearing? #30  
Even the softest material is going to cause scratches eventually. It won’t be the scraping edge itself, it’ll be the rocks and dirt that it’s pushing across the driveway. There’s just no way around it when using a blade. If you were closer I could give you a piece of HDPE, though I’m certain you’d still end up with scratches. But they would be free scratches. :D