What tractor to buy to move large round bales??

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #41  
No doubt a great choice of machine (you have me thinking about one, too) but there are things it can稚 do. It has no PTO and 3 point hitch and although you can do lots with the boom, the OP has not described the 登ther chores he stated he needed the tractor for. If they are chores that favor the telehandler, that would be better. However,if he needs a PTO and 3point hitch, that favors a tractor. The backhoe would be a great choice if the OP needs to dig deep into the ground and unload bales or move a lot of aggregates around.

Knowing the OPs other chores would help find the perfect machine
Do not need a PTO, it has aux hydraulics:

PA010003.JPG
PA010016.JPG

I have a 3 point hitch for mine:

P4230002.JPG
P4230005.JPG

Xfaxman, you have great videos and pictures and your emoticons are fun!
thank you..jpg

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #42  
You cant farm with a telehandler. It wont run a Tedder or a hay baler. It wont pull a moldboard plow.
I don’t know the OPs other work list, so we are both guessing

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #43  
You cant farm with a telehandler. It wont run a Tedder or a hay baler. It wont pull a moldboard plow.
I don稚 know the OPs other work list, so we are both guessing

There are some that will:
0978128001394622991l.jpg
3pt.jpg

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #44  

Now theres a REAL Swiss Army knife!
Wow! Great find Xfaxman!
Id consider buying something like that. Wonder if there’s a telehandler with a rear 3pt and PTO sold in the states?
Looks like an Aeibi tractor with a telehandler fused together
Little lacking in GC, cab space and overall power. Really need 120-150HP to get larger or hilly farm tasks done.

Attachments

• 53083248-0617-4425-A777-6767E384E2FB.jpeg
    53083248-0617-4425-A777-6767E384E2FB.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
   / What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #45  
They are a handy looking piece of equipment.
However they certainly will not have the pulling power of a 75HP tractor when weighed the same,
the shorter tire will not provide the traction in soft dirt or mud and snow and if trying to pull something the low ground clearance will be an issue at times.
It would be a versatile piece of equipment but a working farm will require a tractor for many jobs in all weather.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #46  
i would get a Deere 5410/5420 or 5510/5520 with mfd , power reverser and rear wheel weights. simple tractors with no computers or emissions. very dependable holds up better than the kubota or caseih i have . its loaded and unloaded double stacked 5x6 bales off the gn trailer for nearly 6000 hours.i have 2 5510's.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #47  
Now theres a REAL Swiss Army knife!
Wow! Great find Xfaxman!
Id consider buying something like that. Wonder if there is a telehandler with a rear 3pt and PTO sold in the states?
------------------------
My Bobcat dealer is also a Merlo dealer, some of their Ag models have 3pt and PTO: Agriculture | Merlo

merlo.JPG
merlo 34.7.JPG

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #48  
There's a JD 5520 cab MFD tractor with a 542 MSL FEL listed on the Facebook group Hay Kings Classifieds.
It would do the job well. Located in VA. I'm not connected to the seller in any way.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #49  
I also needed something to move and load / unload round bales. I found a local trade in for much less than new. And the best part, ZERO emissions !

It's a McCormick CX 105 and I haven't had any issue moving round bales with this tractor.
It also pulls a seed drill very well too. Hardly know it's back there

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #50