What tractor to buy to move large round bales??

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #61  
Scissor Lift Hay Spear - YouTube

Anyone try one of these? They work ok with a hyd. top link and a big tractor. I use one with and older tractor. But FEL a lot better.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #62  

Anyone try one of these? They work ok with a hyd. top link and a big tractor. I use one with and older tractor. But FEL a lot better.
I have one of those that I made on our L3830 which does not have a loader on it yet (have one on order).
It works well for stacking bales one and two high, need weight on the front though or you spend a lot of time on only two wheels.

Aaron Z

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #63  

Man in the first seconds of that video, that little dog almost gets run over !!
I had one of those way back. Much too slow for my operation, but if you only need a few bales here and there and money is precious (which I can appreciate) and you dont have to stack high, it will do the job. When I ran a smaller tractor, I would spear a bale on the rear 3 point BS and then I could safely pick up 2 bales with the loader.
I still wouldnt fill front tires. Id bet it accelerates wear on everything up front.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales??
Can't Imagine the OP would not want an FEL...

His first post says he needs to unload from a trailer, my guess is that may even be a standard semi trailer and that would likely be stacked 2 high.

Mmm- haven't heard from the OP , wonder If he already Bought a suitable machine and has already moved on?

OP are you still out there? last post was 1/8 and it is one of three total

Still here looking at the Deere痴 and Kubota models mentioned in the thread. Nothing is local so it looks like I will have to buy online

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #66  
Still here looking at the Deereç—´ and Kubota models mentioned in the thread. Nothing is local so it looks like I will have to buy online

Thanks for the response , :thumbsup:

Some times on TBN new members get a a thread started and then disappear.

a 5420 or similar cabbed JD would be Sweet. As would a properly sized Kubota.

/ What tractor to buy to move large round bales?? #67  
I use a John Deere 5085M . I built a spear for the 3 point hitch and carry 1 bale on it for a counterweight. Works great