What will fix my yard? -- Pictures

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #11  
Man I think you need to take that down quite a bit for good drainage......Pick up a dirt scoop (sometimes called a slip) with the box blade since you don't have a loader. I think a tiller would help to break up your ground... Bulldozer and pro excavator not a bad idea here. If you have a lot of time go for it.......

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures
I went to TSC on my lunch break and they have KKs two different versions of the box blade. The XB small red and the normal BB series. The XB is $100 more? I would like to have a 4 foot but I might go 5 just because of the cash. I like that the 5 is 125# heavier so it can dig in better. If my 2210 has trouble pulling it I will just use only 3 or 4 out of the 5 rippers. Anyone have other opinions on what to get?

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #13  
With those turf tires you might consider chains. I used a Bolens G152 (attached picture) that had turfs and a 4ft box with great success without chains. Mine had wide turfs and on bare dirt they grpped pretty good. Greatrandinin has a good point about the rear scoop, I think they can be had for about $150. It is not a replacement for the box, but it will help you in relocated all the dirt you scrap up with the box. You should be able to find a regular 4ft heavy duty box that would work with your 2210. Turn the lift pins to the inside if lift arm spread is a concern. Like you said, you could go with a 5ft and not engage one of the scarifers.

Attachments

• 618228-BolensG152_frontside.JPG
    618228-BolensG152_frontside.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 165
   / What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #14  
I bought a 5 foot from TSC to pull behind my B7500 (21 Engine HP). I've moved a ton of dirt with it in low range. It's slow, but it will flat move the dirt.....

The only real drawback to a 5 footer is that it's easy to grab too big a bite. After you experiment for awhile, you'll be able to shave small amounts for longer distances. It still accomplishes the same thing, you just take a little longer to get a full box.

The soil I was working in was in Northeast Texas and was solid clay with Iron Ore mixed in. I wouldn't trade the 5 footer for a 4 footer.

Hope that helps a little...

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #15  
Look for a howse dealer around you. They should have heavier 4 ft for less money.. or KK does make a 4ft that is not XB ask tsc to order one.... I would not go with the 5 ft for your little tractor.......Did you look at the rear dirt scoops while u were at TSC?????

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures
I called TSC and they say they can't order the BB48 they can only get the more expensive XB 48. I then called 2 other local dealers and they told me they wouldn't only order 1 because they cost too much to ship. I called my Deere dealer and he offered to get me a 48inch Frontier for a great price $725!! I could by almost 2 King Kutters at TSC. Why are all these retail locations so stupid and hard to deal with? I don't know much but tractors but they aren't even willing to try to help. I guess that's why they make $6 hour. I looked at the dirt scoop but I don't think that would help me get a good grade on soil. It would help me move pile though.

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #17  
I got a dirt scoop a week or so ago.
It has been on the tractor ever since.
I have moved a lot of dirt with this thing.

To level dirt, just turn the scoop around backwards and pull it across the pile.
That does a great job of smoothing it out.
Then take a rake and dress it all out and you are finished.

I got my scoop off ebay for $66. Had to go get it.
This thing is amazing. I think it would work great for you.

Pooh Bear

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #18  
i kinda went through the same thing myself. as much as i like seat time i hired a guy with a dozer. about 2 hours he did what was taken me days. gave him a hundred cash and kissed the ground when he left. sometimes you just have to admit defeat. he knew what he was doing on the machine and just went to it. i did have the last laugh though, he could only push the piles, i could pick them up and move them.

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #19  
I also agree that renting a dozer w/operator to move the bulk of the dirt and do the finiishing work your self would be the best bet.
Went through somewhat the same thought process last fall, building a woods road. Ended up hiring a contractor and he did in a few days what would have taken me several weeks and probably months. I'll do the finishing work this summer with my L3130. Picture of project and rented dozer attached.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 618545-woods road - dozer.jpg
    618545-woods road - dozer.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 179
   / What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #20  
one more pic.
penokee /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 618546-woods road 1.jpg
    618546-woods road 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 170