What will fix my yard? -- Pictures

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why are all these retail locations so stupid and hard to deal with? I guess that's why they make $6 hour. )</font>

If you took just a hint of that attitude with, there is a chance that might have had something to do with them not wanting to help you.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( they wouldn't only order 1 because they cost too much to ship )</font>

They are correct. There is not a lot of mark up on these items. Are you willing to pay the shipping that may be as much as their mark up. Probably not, I wouldn't.

You might have to wait a while but why don't you ask them if they can order one with there next order of equipment? I find it hard to believe that no one around you has a 4ft heavy duty box blade. Heck, look on ebay for one, narrow your search to within 50 or 100 miles of home and see what you find. Even if you find a rusty used one, they don't exactly wear out. Good luck and keep looking.

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #22  
See if you have a Kioti dealer near you. Their boxblades are made by Midwest Equipment and are very good for lesser prices. I would not go with the 5 ft. for that tractor, but a heavy duty BB20-48" because if you have to make two passes, or take a lesser bite, you're defeating the purpose of the larger box.
A four foot will allow you to pretty much fill the box each time, and probably keep all the rippers down as well.
Midwest doesn't seem to have a dealer in your area, but you may want to contact one in another state to see what you can work out. http://www.midwestequipment.net/dealers.html
I have a Kioti (Midwest) BB15-48, that has taken some pretty good abuse with no problems. This is the standard duty box, not the heavy duty. Find a dealer in your area by entering your zip code in the finder on www.kiotitractor.com
John

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #23  
This might be out of your price range but I have a Woods GBC48 box blade on my BX23 and it works great. When I was looking around at box blades I bought the Woods because it claimed to be made for SubCUT tractors and it had the highest weight of any of the box blades I looked at. I think that 48" is about as big as you will want to go. I can bog down my BX23 when I fill up the 48" - even without the scarifiers being all the way down. The money the Deere dealer wanted for the Frontier box blade is ridiculous - I paid about $500 for my Woods GBC last year - and the Frontier is the same thing - it is made for Deere by Woods. I guess green paint is very expensive these days. The suggestion that a previous poster made about getting a dirt scoop is a good one too - if you have to move the dirt from one place to another and you can't drag it the dirt scooop is going to be your most cost effective way of doing it.

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures
I didn't even get far enough to give them attitude. When you call a dealer and get transfered to 6 different people who I asked. "I would like to know if you have a 4 or 5 foot box blade in stock" and they say hold on you have the wrong department. 2 peoples answered the phone saying they we in "ag sales". Now what do you think. Did I give them the attitude first? I like the idea of the ebay search. Thanks

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hire a bulldozer and do the finish work with your machine...

You need to have a lot of material removed and taken away or moved to another location on your property. It will take a dozer an afternoon to cut and regrade this... It could take weeks or months with your machine.... )</font>

I think you hit the nail on the head there. He has to decide whether he wants to buy a box blade and a set of lug tires (I have never used chains before but can't imagine them lasting long pulling mud) and spend months to do the job or pay some bloke 60 bucks an hour to come in with a dozer and do the job in a half a few hours.

I agree about the amount of dirt he has to move. Making a big enough cut to have the proper falloff from the building is going to make the hillside pretty steep. Maybe even retaining wall steep.

The good news is, should he decide to do it himself, he would be pretty good with a box blade by the time he is done and would get plenty of seat time /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #26  
have you though about renting a skid steer with a 4n1 bucket? it would do
this job very well and their fun to play with /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif j

/ What will fix my yard? -- Pictures #27  
I have been away but am curious how your box blade search is going? I still say u may want to hire that dozer but u should get a box blade any way. (and a dirt scoop).....