what's in a name.. Heavy duty :)

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #11  
When I hooked the ground up, the broken terminal arc'd inside the battery and blew the top off of it, right in my face. I closed my eyes and reached over and grabbed her by the arm and told her to take me inside the store to the nearest sink, preferably a deep sink.
Good thinking. That was a very close call. There's more than a bit of foreboding in your signature line David.

A serious accident is one that money won't fix.

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #12  
Here's a pair I made from #2 welding cable maybe 15 to 20 feet long.
The ends are clamped down and soldered with big electric soldering pistol. Made them longer also to jump off vehicles from afar in case I have to.Like in parking lots etc.
I have sat and watched people trying to jump start their vehicles with some of those junky skinny wires they sell as jumper cables to no avail. Have come afterwards and told them "you done playing,here lets hook these up and start your car ". Put them on BINGO, fired rite up.

Boone

I like that you left the 2 cables separate. Much easier to use when they're separate, especially when trying to get to a ground that's not near the battery.

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :)
Here's a pair I made from #2 welding cable maybe 15 to 20 feet long.
The ends are clamped down and soldered with big electric soldering pistol. Made them longer also to jump off vehicles from afar in case I have to.Like in parking lots etc.
I have sat and watched people trying to jump start their vehicles with some of those junky skinny wires they sell as jumper cables to no avail. Have come afterwards and told them "you done playing,here lets hook these up and start your car ". Put them on BINGO, fired rite up.

Boone

I jumped a buddies car in the school parking lot one time with a coat hanger. a single coat hanger.. :)

pulled bumper to bumper, unfolde dthe hanger, use a knife to scrape the white paint off 2 end and used vice grips to hold them on.

started m car and let it run 10 minutes then hit his.

it starter, and smoked all the paint off the coat hanger.. :)

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #14  
Yup thats a rip calling them HD thats no better than speaker wire but have you seen the adds on TV with the cigarette lighter jumper setups talk about BS!!! :laughing:

Some people will believe anything they are told. :D

Fact now I think about it back at Thanksgiving a guy shows up at my house after dark 30 and says a buddy at the gun range is stranded they jumped it and it wont start wont do anything.

Its a Toyota Tacoma and he thinks it must be something serious so I drive to the shop and get my jumper battery pack and drive out there and they have a pair of those HD zoner cables and I hook my battery pack up and it fires right off.

He has an original battery thats 7 years old thats all thats wrong with it so I told him just get a new battery and buy me a 30 stone. :)

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #15  
saw a set of jump cables at an auto parts store today. labeled as 'Heavy duty'.. then under that it said 8GA .

yeahright...

soundguy

For my 6V positive ground tractors, "heavy duty" is 2/0 tinned copper cable (aka marine cable).

especially since most gig's are fused at 20 or 25a.

best it could be is a good charge recep.... not a jumper..

For my 6V positive ground tractors, "heavy duty" is 2/0 tinned copper cable (aka marine cable).

yep.. 6v needs cables the same size as the dern terminals.. :)

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #18  
especially since most gig's are fused at 20 or 25a.

best it could be is a good charge recep.... not a jumper..

Yeah if you had all day to run the donor car it might trickle charge a car might is a stretch. :laughing:

i dunno.. 25a is a pretty decent charge rate. a couple hours of that and unless it was a stone dead battery it should kick off.. :) hope ya got the time to wait!

/ what's in a name.. Heavy duty :) #20  
I jumped a buddies car in the school parking lot one time with a coat hanger. a single coat hanger.. :)

pulled bumper to bumper, unfolde dthe hanger, use a knife to scrape the white paint off 2 end and used vice grips to hold them on.

started m car and let it run 10 minutes then hit his.

it starter, and smoked all the paint off the coat hanger.. :)

That sounds like something you learned on "Burn Notice".

Charlie