What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider?

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider? #11  
OK....BUT....the question WAS: "What is the smallest tractor you would consider".....or, did I miss something? :rolleyes:

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider? #13  
I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 45hp-50hp would be the smallest that I would consider. Anything smaller and I think you'd be regretting it. My $.02

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider? #14  
a tractor for each implement is the ultimate solution. just have to convince the wife

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider?
I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of 45hp-50hp would be the smallest that I would consider. Anything smaller and I think you'd be regretting it. My $.02

Thanks much! Greatly appreciate it. I'm looking at raising cattle, but want a garden too. The land I'm looking at purchasing is pretty hilly, so I won't be working 100s of acres.

a tractor for each implement is the ultimate solution. just have to convince the wife

No wife. She left when she found someone on the internet. Fortunately, I have custody of my girls and house. Funny thing is, with her and her paycheck gone, I have more money at the end of the month than when she was here! :D

You need this to put that good coffee in.

Wazzat? Looks like one of them newfangle high speed coffee distilleries!
crazy.gif
coffee.gif

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider? #19  
I have a 45 HP 4 WD with FEL and 6 foot mower. I use it primarily for mowing pasture which grows up pretty bad before I get around to mowing it since I work out of the country a lot. Since I only get to mow about 2 time a year, the grass and weeds get 3 feet or more in height. I dont think I could pull the 6 foot shredder with anything less and still maintain any substantial forward motion. I like to move at least 5-7 MPH and tall grass/weeds will really get the black smoke rolling.
That said, I think a tractor with 50 engine hp is minimum for your 100 acres as I only have to try and mow 42 acres and it takes several days to get around it mostly due to lots of scattered trees, low wet areas etc which by the way make the 4 WD almost a necessity for me when mowing in the sloughs and a complete necessity when using the FEL.

/ What's the smallest practical HP/Tractor you'd consider? #20  
Sounds like a 45-50 HP machine would work good for you. The Kioti DK45 is one of the best performers in that class. It's loader can lift over 2,700lbs to full height which is almost 108". The tractor also as a factory cab available and Hydro-static transmission or 12-speed shuttle shift. You will find the Kioti has more standard features like an independent auto rear PTO, rear 3-pt hitch control and adjustable rods and links, push button 4wd, etc... It also has a 4-yr warranty that does not diminish if the tractor is used for commercial use or purchased through a business.

It looks like you have a dealer near you (Jennings Equipment) that sells Kioti and Kubota which would be a great place to start where you can sit on the different tractors side-by-side and get direct comparison pricing. Shopping is the best part, until you get it home of course! :D