Whats this tractor?

/ Whats this tractor? #1  

Kirbz79

Tractor
Mitsubishi MTX2801D
Hi all,
Looking at purchasing a refurbished Mitsubishi tractor. The stickers on it call it an MTX281D and the seller says it is 32hp but I can't find anything about this model online. Has anyone heard of this particular model or know where I might be able to find information on it. A google search for Mitsubishi tractors produces a site with a full list of tractor models but this model isn't mentioned.
Thanks heaps.
Kirbz79

/ Whats this tractor? #2  
High probability it is a grey, there is an MTX28 and an MT280D.

Do you have any images and are you going of the stickers or the model on the serial plate?

/ Whats this tractor? #4  
I think I can clarify the horsepower confusion. When I purchased my Mitsubishi D2350 I was given horsepower numbers ranging from 25 to 28. I believe it actually WAS a 23 horsepower tractor. I was told by the salesman the Japanese rated their tractors by PTO horsepower so the engine horsepower would be two to five horsepower higher. It's a nice story but I don't believe it's true. In all likelihood your tractor is 28 horsepower. The PTO horsepower will be somewhat less. You may be able to get more information from Valley Power as Mitsubishi bought Satoh some years ago and those guys are really familiar with the grey market units.

/ Whats this tractor?
Hi all, thanks heaps for the comments and assistance. So I'm not 100% certain but as best as I can tell, the tractor im looking at is in fact the MT2801D being the 4wd version of the model. Im still struggling to get my head around the horse power thing though. If Japanese rate the hp from the pto and the seller is calling it a 32 hp tractor but the model is listed online as a 28hp tractor, does this mean its 28hp at the pto with an engine output of 32hp or visa versa, or is the seller talking **** and there's no 32 horses anywhere on it? I've got pics of the tractor and model plate but have no idea how to add them to this thread. Thanks all

/ Whats this tractor? #6  
Some sellers will take advantaged of the lack of information available for these grey market tractors and will try to almost scam an inexperience buyer by advertising an higher HP number than the reality.

Luckily, we have sites like TractorData, were you can get info for almost any tractor in the world.

You should see some of the ads for grey market tractors on my country. I've seen a Kubota B7000, advertised as a 25HP tractor when it comes from factory with 14HP.

/ Whats this tractor? #7  
There is a bit of a catch, what's your engine model number? It will likely be on a tag around there somewhere.

This is going on the premise that yours is grey, it may have a larger engine than the chassis specifies. If your tractor is real, it is 28hp.

Anyway, it's only 4hp and does not make a large difference unless it is hydraulic flow you are concerned about.

/ Whats this tractor? #8  
Cant tell where you are from so..
If you havnt purchased it yet you need to know how hard it is to get parts for it first. Lot of these older grey market tractors are discontinued and no parts.
I would call Valley Tractor and ask for Bill. Ask what tractor in the 28hp range would be the best for reliability and parts. He is a great source for Mitsubishi parts and information.

/ Whats this tractor? #9  
When I got into importing tractors in 1997 I did a lot of research & came up with the 1.2 hp rule. The Japanese model designation relate to the metric equivalent to hp.
The US model designation relate to the engine hp . US model YM240 is a YM2000 in Japan. YM135 is a YM1100, A YM155 is a 1300. ym186 to a 1510. YM226 IS A ym1810. g194 to ts1610. If you multiply the first two digits of the Japanese model you get roughly the hp rating of the US model.

/ Whats this tractor?
Thanks all for the replies. So i ended up phrchasing the tractor as she was too nice to walk away from. Its a beaut, 660 hours, smooth running, super soft steering, turns on a dime and purrrs like a kitten. I had further discussions with the seller and he tells me that this tractor (MTX2801D) is similar to an MT2801D with the X indicating a larger water pump or something. He says he tests all his tractors for hp at the fly wheel and this one came in at 32.3hp. He tells me the engine hp was up around 40hp. Im no mechanic and dont have a clue but it is certainly enough for my 10 acres. I am based in Western Australia, is anyone else on this site Aussie based? Where do you all go to for parts, in particular for radiator hoses cos the ones on it are painted up and look like they are on the way out. Id love to post some pics of her but i dont see any menu option for pics when typing a thread.... Thanks again ya'll. Happy tractoring. 👍