Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #1  

FarmallFan

Tractor
2010 3038E
Has anyone with a JD 3038E bought wheel spacers and how have they worked out for you? Also what company did you purchase them from? Thank you for any help on this question, with out the spacers it makes me a little nervous on slopes. Thanks, FarmallFan

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #2  
Have you tried the Deere dealer?

I don't see any listed in jdparts for the 3038

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #3  
Before you buy spacers, read your operator's manual about widening the track. If you have Ag (R-1) tires, you may be able to move the center section of your wheels on the rim...should be 8 different positions, IIRC.
If you have Turfs or Industrial tires, you may be able to reverse or swap side to side for a wider stance.

Also, I suggest you do a TBN search using "Wheel Spacers" (words to that effect) as the query phrase. There have been a lot of threads and posts on this topic.

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #4  
Yes, Roy is correct, if you have R1's you should be able to reverse them. However the R4's and R3's are non reversible, the way the rims are set up will not allow it.:confused2: Spacers would be best for the R4s, I don't know that Deere carries them but i am certain that after market spacers exist. :)

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #5  
Yes, Roy is correct, if you have R1's you should be able to reverse them. However the R4's and R3's are non reversible, the way the rims are set up will not allow it.:confused2: Spacers would be best for the R4s, I don't know that Deere carries them but i am certain that after market spacers exist. :)

I think you need to rethink this post, Brother...

The R-1 hubs can be repositioned on the rims and both the R-3 and R-4 rims can be reversed or swapped side to side. Now, you still have to measure the offset...

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #6  
I think you need to rethink this post, Brother...

The R-1 hubs can be repositioned on the rims and both the R-3 and R-4 rims can be reversed or swapped side to side. Now, you still have to measure the offset...

true, I'm just thinking of my grandpa's 3032E where the rims wont allow you to reverse them with the R4s. However with the 3x20 tractors it can be done. I have attached a picture of a 3032E's R4 rims, the way they set on there wont allow you to reverse them. :confused2:

Attachments

• 3E.jpg
    3E.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 758
   / Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #7  
true, I'm just thinking of my grandpa's 3032E where the rims wont allow you to reverse them with the R4s. However with the 3x20 tractors it can be done. I have attached a picture of a 3032E's R4 rims, the way they set on there wont allow you to reverse them. :confused2:

That's what I meant by measuring the offset...reversing or swapping doesn't work with all wheels. The offset may not be enough to make it worthwhile.

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E
I have checked with my JD dealer and JD doesn;t have spacers, they are searching for aftermarket spacers for me. The first thing I checked was switching the wheels from side to side because I had a JD 4410 where I use to work and that was how I widened the width on it. I have the R-4's so I can't do that with my 3038E. Thanks for your help, I will try the search and if anyone hears of a company that has spacers please let me know. FarmallFan

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E
Thanks Glen, I will check it out.