Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #11  
FarmallFan, I'm surprised you feel you need the spacers on the 3038e. I've driven across some fairly steep slopes with mine and have never had the panic feeling I've had operating my mom's cabbed 3320. I only use mine for bushhogging, however; maybe the 600# I have on the front end with suitcase weights and 600# down low on the back end with the hog helps me more than I knew with slopes. Most of this extra 1200# is within 20" of the ground.

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #12  
I think you need to rethink this post, Brother...

The R-1 hubs can be repositioned on the rims and both the R-3 and R-4 rims can be reversed or swapped side to side. Now, you still have to measure the offset...
The r-3 or r-4 can't be reverse, I have those rims on my 3038e john deere

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #13  
FarmallFan, I'm surprised you feel you need the spacers on the 3038e. I've driven across some fairly steep slopes with mine and have never had the panic feeling I've had operating my mom's cabbed 3320. I only use mine for bushhogging, however; maybe the 600# I have on the front end with suitcase weights and 600# down low on the back end with the hog helps me more than I knew with slopes. Most of this extra 1200# is within 20" of the ground.
One of the reason is here in Canada we get snow and we need to add chains so the spacers are needed on r-3 & r-4 tires, only need 1 1/2" spacers to clear the fenders

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #14  
ernieatv
I added spacers because of added stability on sidehills.
For the tire chains on my r-4 tires, I built the chains to fit the tires and they didn't drape down along the sidewalls, so no problem with the fenders on my 4300.

/ Wheel Spacers for JD 3038E #15  
Do you realize this thread was 12 years old?