When do I use the FEL lock feature?

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #11  
I lock the FEL when I am doing any kind of 3pt hitch work (box blade, bush hog, disc, etc) where I will be looking backwards a lot. The joy stick on my Kioti CK30 is in a great spot for my knee to activate, and it is best to have the FEL locked to prevent unexpected consequences (don't ask me how I know?)

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #12  
To service:raise FEL and lock.At least this is what I was instructed by my dealer.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #13  
To service:raise FEL and lock.At least this is what I was instructed by my dealer.

That's what I do, too. I make sure I don't have anything in the bucket, or I take off the quick-attach bucket first, then I raise the loader arms up high to be out of the way while working under the hood. Locking the loader control makes me feel safer, although technically a hose or line could fail, causing the arms to drop. If you were worried about that you could put a support post of 2x4, etc, in addition.

Spraying a lubricant like WD40 might get the locking lever working more free, without taking the cover off. If it hasn't been used for a long time it might just be dry.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #14  

wow if thats the advice of your dealer i would find a new dealer. I guess he lets his shop people work under equipment just held up by a floorjack.
That lock only prevents the lever from moving not the hydos from failing while your under it.

NEVER WORK UNDER A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT WITHOUT A MECHANICAL SUPPORT IN PLACE.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature?
Well said.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #16  
I use it when the loader has lifted a load on it and I am under the load. Like when I have pulled the 54 inch mower deck off my John Deere 425 tractor and have it lifted with straps up so I can pressure wash it and sharpen the blades.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #17  
Use it when you are carrying the chainsaw and other tools in the bucket so you won't risk dumping them in front of the tires while you are driving to the worksite, or back home. Never done it myself, but I know a couple folks on the forum have admitted to doing it LOL.

I have never used mine but this is an excellent suggestion to use the lock as a safety reminder that something is in the FEL. I have not destroyed a chainsaw but I do have several new hand tools because I saw something that needed moving while transporting hand tools in the bucket and then when I get to the job site have a ohhhhsh moment.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #18  
According to my owners manual they are transport locks, I have an electronic version of them. This is what my manual says:

Activate transport lock buttons when driving on roads and whenever the control levers are in neutral because they are not required.

/ When do I use the FEL lock feature? #19  
I use it when I transport the tractor by the road in case I by accident bumping into loader lever, a front loader attachment that hits the road at high speed usually ends in disaster

My best friend's Dad died from that. Bucket dug into dirt roadbed, open station tractor, threw him off and landed upside down on him.