When one door closes, another opens....

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #51  
Very interesting and it makes sense, but when I spoke to an engineer at Bondoli he said it was a tolerance / machining issue, not a motor performance... Then again, maybe that is how I interpreted his response as he was WAY over my head when I was speaking with him...

/ When one door closes, another opens....
As I was researching wheel motor upgrades for the 425 twice, I found that some series of motors have case drains standard, some are optional (simply requiring drilling/tapping the motor's body either at the factory or later), or have no provisions at all. Light duty motors commonly do not have them. Severe/heavy duty normally come standard, while medium duty may or may not. The 28.3ci White RE motors that Surplus Center was selling for about 25% of retail, apparently has no provisions for case drains.

IMO, Tazewell likely does not use case drains on the 4xx series simply due to cost savings on the plumbing required and the cost of the wheel motors themselves. The 4xx series is not intended for as heavy/demanding use as the larger tractors, and they're trying to keep them at an attractive price point. The diesels, with an expected/designed service life of 3000 hours plus, and heavier use, demand them, in comparison to a 4xx homeowner/prosumer machine with an engine designed for a 2,000 hour service life in less demanding use.

But, I used/abused my 425 far above its designed capabilities...

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #53  
Plus, can you imagine trying to squeeze a couple more hoses through the tunnel for case drains for the front wheel motors on a 400 series? That tunnel is pretty tight already.

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #54  
As my gay friends would say where there is a will there is a way.

All you would need is a single 1/4 hose. T it under the foot pedals to the motors.

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #55  
So that means they're low pressure and won't backfeed each other, just drain to the tank?

My two front wheels and the finish mower all drain through a single 1/4" line, it appears. There's a quick coupler going into a small + fitting directly in front of the tunnel. I think I heard/read somewhere that the circuit is rated for 700 PSI - not sure of that...

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #57  
OK. Thanks. I tell you, I learn something new here almost every day.

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #58  
My two front wheels and the finish mower all drain through a single 1/4" line, it appears.
You finish mower has a case drain? Or are you talking about the PTO return line?

/ When one door closes, another opens.... #59  
You finish mower has a case drain? Or are you talking about the PTO return line?

I think he means there are three hoses for the finish mower. An inny, an outty, and the case drain.

Mossroad is correct. The old 3-pin 6ft finish mower has a case drain on the motor. The 5ft brush cutter does not.