When to give up: lemon law for tractors.

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors.
Very well stated.

I agree, the contamination came after assembly. So, either it happened at the dealer or it happened after the buyer took possession. Neither of which is a Kubota corporation problem.

I too am glad it got solved.

Not picking on you Dianne. Just trying to "calculate" how this happened. :)

It happened AFTER I took possession. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW.... as I am the sole owner and operator. Kinda makes me wish I was married, so I could blame someone else. DOH!

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors.
Just for giggles I went down to the shop and looked in twelve different repair manuals. Looking at the trouble shooting guides under engine stalls every single one listed Fuel filter clogged and/or water and IMURITIES in the fuel system! So I would have to say you definitely missed some classes.
In all honesty I would have fired one of my techs for not finding the problem. Think about this the original poster said they purchased this tractor in 2013 if I remember correctly and it is now 2016. So with that said anyone who thinks they would have missed this should never knock on my door looking for a job in any of my shops as they couldn't get past the first ten questions I would ask during the interview.

In fairness to the vendor and the tech... They did check for clogged filter, water, provided me fuel in a new can and asked me not to run fuel from the can I had...- I am the original poster. The tractor came in autumn - and was not used during winter. Thanks for your feedback. Dianne

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors. #93  
It happened AFTER I took possession. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW.... as I am the sole owner and operator. Kinda makes me wish I was married, so I could blame someone else. DOH!

You are gonna have a hard time finding a Husband worth having until you quit contaminating the equipment!!!! ;) :p

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors. #94  
You are gonna have a hard time finding a Husband worth having until you quit contaminating the equipment!!!! ;) :p

Any woman with her own tractor is A-OK in my book!:thumbsup:

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors. #95  
Any woman with her own tractor is A-OK in my book!:thumbsup:

I agree. Just didn't want her getting a big head about it. :D

/ When to give up: lemon law for tractors. #96  
Just for giggles I went down to the shop and looked in twelve different repair manuals. Looking at the trouble shooting guides under engine stalls every single one listed Fuel filter clogged and/or water and IMURITIES in the fuel system! (So I would have to say you definitely missed some classes.)
In all honesty I would have fired one of my techs for not finding the problem. Think about this the original poster said they purchased this tractor in 2013 if I remember correctly and it is now 2016. So with that said anyone who thinks they would have missed this should never knock on my door looking for a job in any of my shops as they couldn't get past the first ten questions I would ask during the interview.

I'm taking 101 make-up classes now so I can get Kioti tractor mechanic job Monday, and just in case they have me use a hammer on IMURITIES, I might need to know what that is. I don't want to sound wetoddit at my job interview.