Insurance where do yall go to insure your tractors...

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #1  

donais

Gold Member
Tractor
mf 1547
I am getting a new New Holland t4.75 next week. I got a grant and part of the grant stipulates that I carry insurance. any suggestions? State farm lady sent me to a broker and a farm insurance broker I talked to wants to Insure everything in my world.

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #2  
Yeah that's their job to sell you as much coverage as they can. Tell them you only want the insurance on the tractor. If you have homeowners with someone, ask them about a 'rider' to cover your tractor.

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors...
Cool thanks ill ask her tomorrow

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #4  
   / where do yall go to insure your tractors... #5  
I'd talk to CNH Industrial Insurance - PHYSICAL DAMAGE INSURANCE* | CNH Industrial Capital or KTAC - KTAC Insurance Agency - Default. Both specialize in insuring equipment and cover pretty much everything for a very reasonable rate. When I bought my TC40, the CNH Industrial policy was part of the deal for the 3 years of the loan, it costs about $350 for the entire 3 years.

That is one good deal! I have a rider on my State Farm policy and the rider alone co$t$ me $350.oo/year for 'replacement cost'.

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #7  
My home is insured thru State Farm. The tractor is covered under this policy w/out any additional riders. The downside - its only covered while the tractor is used on my property. This coverage was explained to me by my State Farm agent.

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #8  
State farm does my house. And the tractor is covered as part of the deal as long as it is on my property and for personal use. Nothing else required and no additional charge.

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #9  
'Usually', if you finance a tractor, you can have it covered by the insurance company the manufacturer/finance company that they work with. While this may not be the best cost wise, they, again usually, cover the tractor where ever and not just on your property. Plus, they might work better with the dealer getting it fixed, but I have no proof of that. You can also add it to your homeowner's policy, but this is usually just on your property, unless you specify and pay for more. None of this covers you as far as liability insurance, that is an other animal..... I had my 2011 Mahindra covered by Mahindra for the 6 year payment period, and I think it was around $800 dollars.. My new one, I paid cash and put it on my Auto Owners Policies. Since it was not a lawn tractor, they wanted to know how many thousand dollars each and everything attached to it cost, serial numbers of everything, pictures, and added to the policy to cover the replacement cost. I will be doing the same with the 2011, when it gets paid off in a few months. Just have to figure out what I am going to do with that extra $515.93 after the last payment........ :)

/ where do yall go to insure your tractors... #10  
The bigger question is "Where do yall go to get a GRANT":laughing: