Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #81  
I asked my Kubota dealer. He gave 3 empty cans and said fill them with your oil and bring them back. I will take care of the used oil.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #82  
I save mine and use it for drilling / tapping, going over moving parts on the tractor and equipment, jacks and hitches on the trailers etc. Also the woodmizer band saw needs the rails and chains coated at the start of every day I use it.

Also in the fall I "try" to use it for lube to help resist rust on all the above before they are bedded down. Remember the tin man?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #83  
That's odd, here (Upstate NY) they take both. All goes in the same tank for pickup.

We use some on bonfire piles (1 gallon per bonfire spread across 6-8 "half flake" size pieces of hay around a minivan size bonfire)

Aaron Z
Agreed. I take it back to TSC and they put it all (motor and hydraulic) in the same holding tank for recycling

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #84  
I work part time for O'Reilly Auto Parts and I'm pretty sure they take it with the used oil and transmission fluid.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #85  
So have a few blown out seals on my winter beater cars steering rack I've been putting used hydraulic fluid in the power steering reservoir for over a year power steering still works fine for me anyway (definitely not recommending my disposal methods), I'm to lazy and cheap to put in a new rack on my foreign rust bucket worth more than the car is and I consider myself a good Samaritan slowly re-seal coating the crumbling roads lol.

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #86  
I deliver all of mine to a friend who burns it in their shop waste oil heater. They don't mind hydro oil mixed with motor oil... it all burns. He did comment once that he thought it wouldn't burn synthetic, although he doesn't seem to know that what I've been giving him has been at least 50% synthetic, for years!

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #87  
Could be New York vs Louisiana disposal rules, especially post-Katrina when much changed after 300,000 cars were totaled.

As the most toxic state in the country (we flip a coin with New Jersey) I just want to make sure I do my part in keeping the soil and water as clean as it will get. I’m willing to pay a small fee to dump it.

I’m going to call a couple tractor repair places tomorrow to see where they get rid of theirs or whoever picks it up for them.
When I go to O'reillys, I just ask if it is ok to dump,and they point to the back, and I dump it myself. Oil is oil is it not?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #88  
Autozone and Advanced will take my used motor oil without question but when i asked them about hydraulic oil they said they couldn't take that.

Where do you get rid of it?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #89  
Autozone and Advanced will take my used motor oil without question but when i asked them about hydraulic oil they said they couldn't take that.

Where do you get rid of it?

/ Where do you get rid of used hydraulic fluid? #90  
I have taken oil to O'Rielly's. They have accepted whatever oil I had.