where saftey glasses? you bet i do!

/ where saftey glasses? you bet i do!
How did the bad schrader valve break free from the stem?

after the "incident" i called the garage i bought the tires from. guy told me that there was a bad batch of valve stems that went around about the same time i bought my tires. the garage replaced the valve stem for free and is going to test the other 3.

all thet was left of the stem on the tire was the rubber. all metal parts were shot out. i am guessing bad glue or fit/mold or something simular.

/ where saftey glasses? you bet i do! #22  
I wear glasses only when I want to see. My glasses have saved my eyes many times. I like prescription safety glasses and would wear them all the time, except, the last time I checked, Transitions lenses are not available in "official" safety glasses that have the proof stamp on the lenses.

The Transitions lenses glasses I wear all the time (except when I wear my "official" safety glasses) are almost up to safety glasses standards.

/ where saftey glasses? you bet i do! #23  
I have worn glasses for years now but things can sneak by. I spent Christmas Eve in the ER a few years back getting some metal flushed from my eye, since then I have been pretty conscious of wearing a full faceshield when doing any grinding or other activity requiring one.

Last week I discovered one of my truck batteries had shorted a cell, so I drove to the parts store to get new batteries I planned on swapping the batteries in the parking lot. When I popped the hood, the bad battery was gassing so bad I went back on the store and bought a full face shield even though I had one at home. I figured the $20 was cheaper than being blinded. Luckily the battery didn't pop but it was still worth the money for the piece of mind.

Brian