Where to buy a new chuck?

/ Where to buy a new chuck?
That should be a decent chuck for you, I'd imagine it's probably just as accurate, if not more so then the spindle.

Only issue I could see is if you need to go smaller then an 1/8in but depending on your needs that might not be a problem.

I can't think of a situation where I'd need less than 1/8". Hopefully I'm not wrong about that. :confused3:

Little late, seems you found out what morse taper you had.

But based on the pic of your old mandrel, it looks like you have a MT1 press?? Hope I am wrong and you got the right one.

But the taper dimension charts are online. And JT2 is .559" on the big end.

And that mandrel you have pictured, shows that the JT2 is LARGER on the big end than the morse taper is on the big end.

MT2 is supposed to be .700" on the big end. MT1 is .475 on the big end. Which based on you pic, it does look like the morse is about that much smaller than the JT.

Grab some calipers and take some measurements to confirm. Dimensions of Standard Tapers - LittleMachineShop.com

Good catch LD1! I had a brain-cramp on the OP. It is stamped JT3 (not 2 as I wrote). But I measured just to be sure (would be a $16 mistake to reorder the correct arbor/mandrel.)

On the MT end of the OEM arbor I measured 0.7105" and 0.5715". So pretty close to the MT2 specs. The JT end also measured close to the JT3.

Sorry for my "typo" but thanks for the eagle-eyed response. :thumbsup:

/ Where to buy a new chuck? #23  
I can't think of a situation where I'd need less than 1/8". Hopefully I'm not wrong about that. :confused3:

In that case, keep your eye open for a chuck similar to this one.

spin_prod_224402601

$117.50 (with a coupon) and a few days got me this:

IMG_20170718_193916487-2254x4007.jpg

Cleaned and installed. Chucked up a 1/8" twist bit no problem. Now I just need to find something to put a hole in...

Thanks again everyone!