Where to buy fluids?

/ Where to buy fluids? #1  

cowbridge

Tractor
Kioti CK2610HST Woods BB60XC
Bout to do my 50 hour service.

I'd like to buy one of the fluids listed in the book. I searched around for the Daedong, shell, exxonmobil, and the BP that is listed but couldn't find any of them.

Where do yall buy from?

And any suggestions for motor oil? The book is pretty vague.

/ Where to buy fluids? #2  
All fluids as long as they meet specs are OK.
Kioti does not actually produce any, same goes for filters.
Most auto parts can supply your needs, in fact they will also have cross references.

/ Where to buy fluids? #3  
   / Where to buy fluids? #5  
If you have a NAPA dealer you can get synthetic Valvoline synthetic hyd. fluid and most all your filters. Not sure of cost cause will change it out at 200 hours. 120 to go, yeah!
Join the rewards program and you save bucks as well.
Our just had a 40% off all filters so replaced air and cabin filters on both vehicles and bought spare air filter for the NX for 23 bucks.

/ Where to buy fluids? #6  
If you have a NAPA dealer you can get synthetic Valvoline synthetic hyd. fluid and most all your filters. Not sure of cost cause will change it out at 200 hours. 120 to go, yeah!
Join the rewards program and you save bucks as well.
Our just had a 40% off all filters so replaced air and cabin filters on both vehicles and bought spare air filter for the NX for 23 bucks.

:thumbsup: For NAPA. Ask about their discounts. There is a huge mark up on fluids and filters and a lot of other items. They offer both Military and Fleet discounts. They both exceed 10% depending on the item. Avoid picking up off the aisles, use the Guys behind the counter.

Ron

Ron

/ Where to buy fluids? #7  
My son has a Fleet card from Napa. They told him it was only good on filters and not fluids. Might have to do some checking into it. The discount on filters is very good but not all their filters are quite right. The cab filter for his CaseIH 5140 would not fit, too thick to close the compartment. The low hydro filter for his L3940 didn't have a magnet and the old magnet would not fit in the recess. Then there's the high pressure filter for the L3940, you can judge for yourself.

Kubota brand:
eitcwh.jpg

Napa/Wix brand: They clearly screwed an adapter onto another filter to make it work. He took them back and used Kubota both high and low pressure.
2939ag8.jpg

/ Where to buy fluids? #8  
I use Wix, Donaldson, Daedong branded filters. My dealer sells the Daedong filters for a competitive price and always has them in stock.

I use Amsoil for all my fluids except the UTF because it’s too expensive. For that I use Klondike full synthetic.

/ Where to buy fluids?
I did locate Mobil 424 at Amazon and a few other places. Amazon wants $95/5 gallons.

This place wants $57/5 gallons which about half what Kubota Super UDT2 is. Have no idea about shipping though.
Mobilfluid 424 Tractor Hydraulic Fluid, 5 Gallons

Also $59/5 gallons.
MOBILFLUID 424 5 GAL PAIL - Moore & Balliew Oil

$55 for shipping two buckets, I guess thats not terrible. Under $170 total. I'm gonna take my manual into my local Napa and see if they have anything.

What about engine oil? I'm not familiar with tiers or api grades etc. And the book says 10w30, 10w40, or 15w40. I live in the mid atlantic so we get hot summers and cold winters. Should I use 10w40? Any preferences for brands?

I'm buying my filters from Nolts Power Eqipment on Ebay.

/ Where to buy fluids? #10  
I would go with a 5W40 to ensure you get good flow during the winter on startup. You could use 0W40 also, but it's getting a little overkill. Get a diesel oil that is from a reputable brand, and it will have you covered. Shell, Mobil, Amsoil, etc. Stay away from off-brands or department store brands because you can be sure what you're getting.

As I mentioned before, I use Amsoil.