Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?
Not sure how you're set up, but given modern society, here's a thought.

Buy/lease all 3. Put them through their paces doing what you typically do. Film everything. Post those films up on you tube or some other streaming video option. Eventually, one or more of the OEMs will offer you a free one in exchange for your 'honest' opinion that theirs is the best truck. Divest yourself of the other 2 trucks. Continue making money hawking accessories and/or services for said truck.
I tried to make one video to become a YouTube star but quickly realized it would take too much time to edit the farts out.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #52  
My family has always had good luck with Ram/Cummins.

I bought my current Cummins new in 2018, and it’s had no problems. I have 50K miles on it, almost all towing. I’ve never even been aware of a DPF regen occurring. I let it warm up, I allow it to cool down, and I’m slow & deliberate with the accelerator pedal.

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_2979.jpeg

I get 13 mpg towing the tritoon, 14 mpg with the horse trailer, and on the rare occasion the truck is unloaded it’s good for 20 mpg on the highway.

I think modern diesels mostly have problems when people try to drive them like a Miata to and from the local grocery store, with no warm up, no cool down, rapid RPM changes, and no sustained load. The Cummins was designed for industrial & marine applications, so I drive it like an industrial engine. It’s been fantastic.

My beat around, burnout doing, grocery getting truck is a beater Ram 1500 with a 5.2 V8 and a 5-speed.

IMG_9180.jpeg

I get my wiggles out with the beater.

If I couldn’t choose a Cummins Ram for towing, then my second choice would be the Ford. They still retain a proper front axle look marginally better than the Ram.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #53  
Nice rigs. I assume a 2500? Coil or air suspension?

Like you, I am rarely empty. My last empty trip, 189 miles one way, slower back roads, only 20 miles of freeway, 23.9 on the display, slight tail wind. My trip over was 22.2, slight head wind. It is about .8 generous v/s doing the math. This is a '21, 2500.

1716284841317.png

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #54  
I find it tough to get people to come off of their brand preference. Ford & GM are 5X the size of Ram in sales, but after owning my Ram for over 4 years, I can honestly say, it’s a “truckers truck”.
Still get a great deal of satisfaction driving & working it.

I wish everyone great success no matter what brand truck they buy, but if you want a diesel truck that will pull, Cummins/Aisin really works nice. I can’t imagine what Cummins/ZF8 is going to be like. I bet I’ll be in one, though. (y)

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #55  
Ram 2500, F250 derated to 10k, gmc 2500 derated to 10k?

Bumper towing max non cdl weight. Will be towing often. Just traveled 8 hrs towing in my older ram and move machines multiple times a week.

I have first hand experience with all three. I really like the Ford Super Duty.

I have a 2019 currently (which is the same chassis and largely the same body as the 2024) coming up on 100k miles and it’s been an excellent truck. What I like about it most: the frame is stronger than the competitors, the aluminum body shows zero rust or corrosion after spending 5.5 years in the salt belt, and the 6.7 Powerstroke engine is extremely reliable and makes unreal amounts of power.

The new parent company of Ram is a disaster and GM trucks are to be avoided like the plague unless your pockets are very deep. I’ve been stranded in GM trucks three times, the guys at work have been stranded in their GM diesel fleet trucks many times, and my father has a L5P Duramax that had engine work well before 100k. GM couldn’t engineer a paper bag correctly.