Which brand to buy

/ Which brand to buy #61  
So you actually got one of the older pre-EPA or Cat-converter muffler ones?? I have yet to see in person or run one of the newer ones, but they spec heavier:mur:

Wonderful gov't

/ Which brand to buy #62  
No this does have the cat converter I believe. The manual shows the muffler type I have as one with the converter on it. I was thinking about "modifying" it if I could either replacing it with the non converter type or seeing about using a saw. It does feel heavy to me after using my 026 or 044. Both of those have a lot of hours on them.

/ Which brand to buy #63  
What ya talkin about? Stihl's #1 seller!
Yes and FORD is the BEST SELLING TRUCK in the world, and has been for years----Why do people buy other brands?????

I have no idea why they would. FORD, STIHL, DEERE, KUBOTA, MASSEY, CARHART. I fon't think I need to shop for anything else. Oh yeah, whiskey.

Last edited:
   / Which brand to buy #64  
So you actually got one of the older pre-EPA or Cat-converter muffler ones?? I have yet to see in person or run one of the newer ones, but they spec heavier:mur:

Wonderful gov't

I have two Makita DCS520i , a Dolmar 34 and a Dolmar 401. One of the 520i is for sale but the other one and the 401 are my keepers.
All four have been mildly modified consisting of light port polishing and muffer mod. I Muffler Mod all my saws and polish if torn down.

/ Which brand to buy #65  
How much you trying to get out of that 520i ??

/ Which brand to buy #66  
I have two Makita DCS520i , a Dolmar 34 and a Dolmar 401. One of the 520i is for sale but the other one and the 401 are my keepers.
All four have been mildly modified consisting of light port polishing and muffer mod. I Muffler Mod all my saws and polish if torn down.

How are ya.My long distance neighbor ?:thumbsup:

/ Which brand to buy
Finally put my homelite to the test, started with no problems sounds good but when it got hot it was hard to start and seemed to lack the power it had before it locked up. I am using new fuel and I am going to change the spark plug and put a new chain on it. If it still runs the same I guess I hurt the motor and will have to retire it to pruning jobs.
Oh and since my post seems to have changed to trucks, You couldnt pay me to have a Dodge, had two and that was enough :)

/ Which brand to buy #68  
Finally put my homelite to the test, started with no problems sounds good but when it got hot it was hard to start and seemed to lack the power it had before it locked up. I am using new fuel and I am going to change the spark plug and put a new chain on it. If it still runs the same I guess I hurt the motor and will have to retire it to pruning jobs.
Oh and since my post seems to have changed to trucks, You couldnt pay me to have a Dodge, had two and that was enough :)
Maybe I missed it, but did you pull the muffler and look at the piston? All scored up?

Yeah I'd rather have a Ford, but the Dodge I have now is a very good truck! :D

/ Which brand to buy #69  
Oh and since my post seems to have changed to trucks, You couldnt pay me to have a Dodge, had two and that was enough
Same here, had two new ones and one used back in the 70's and 80's, never again.

/ Which brand to buy #70  
I bought a Cummins. It just happened to come wrapped in a Dodge. I'd rather be Cummin than Strokin any day:thumbsup: