Which brand to buy

/ Which brand to buy #51  
Hard to kill those 'rice burners'!

My Toyota has right at 300,000, still has original clutch and back brakes. No motor or drive train work. No rust either.:shocked:

/ Which brand to buy #52  
Diesel pickup! Yes, Dodge owns that!

Gas pickup, I'd rather have a Ford. Have own 4 Fords and 4 Dodge trucks. One Dodge was a POS, other 3 were fine, except for a couple transmission & rear end rebuilds. All 4 Fords were very good trucks with no major repairs.

But the 94 Toyota I have takes the cake for reliability and long lasting! :cool:

I've always owned Dodges and I can say the thing I've always been least impressed with is the power and fuel mileage of their gas engines...until I bought my '12 with the 5.7 Hemi that is...what a motor...all the power this old boy will ever need and with the MDS, I sit right around 18-22 mpg. Not too shabby for a full size truck. The price point wasn't bad either, as the sticker was $32,200 and I walked out of the dealer for $23,800 with my brother's employee discount and rebates. That being said, my next truck will be either a 2500 Ram, or an F250. Used to be a half ton was a 'Truck', and built to reflect that, but the coil spring rear end in my 1500 is leaving a lifelong Dodge man with a sour taste in my mouth.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Which brand to buy #53  
I've always owned Dodges and I can say the thing I've always been least impressed with is the power and fuel mileage of their gas engines...until I bought my '12 with the 5.7 Hemi that is...what a motor...all the power this old boy will ever need and with the MDS, I sit right around 18-22 mpg. Not too shabby for a full size truck. The price point wasn't bad either, as the sticker was $32,200 and I walked out of the dealer for $23,800 with my brother's employee discount and rebates. That being said, my next truck will be either a 2500 Ram, or an F250. Used to be a half ton was a 'Truck', and built to reflect that, but the coil spring rear end in my 1500 is leaving a lifelong Dodge man with a sour taste in my mouth.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet
I hear good things about the Hemi. I have a 02 4wd 4 door 4.7 V8 Dakota right now. Paid 12k for it 4 years ago with 35k miles on it. I love this truck and the mpg isn't too bad at 15-17, not great though. I'm with ya on the coil springs, I couldn't handle that!!!

/ Which brand to buy #54  
Wait wait here is this a truck thread or chainsaw thread? :confused2: Not that it matters I own the 2006 Dodge 2500 Hemi. 4 Stihls, 3 Husky's, 1 Solo, 1 Dolmar, 1 Homelite, 1 Craftsman, and 1 Poulan. .

/ Which brand to buy #55  
Wait wait here is this a truck thread or chainsaw thread? :confused2: Not that it matters I own the 2006 Dodge 2500 Hemi. 4 Stihls, 3 Husky's, 1 Solo, 1 Dolmar, 1 Homelite, 1 Craftsman, and 1 Poulan. .

I forgot what the question was?

/ Which brand to buy #56  
My apology people---I guess I unintentionally started this thread to wonder off. My response was merely to say that there are MANY opinions and MANY products. What suits one person may not be right for the other.
Just because a product is the best selling doesn't necessarly impress me. I have worked on small engines for over 50 years and now own 13 chainsaws. I buy rebuild and sell. I think Makita/Dolmar are very underrated, main reason is because of dealers being so few.
My favorite saw is Makita/Dolmar. Generally they have more torque with less r.p.m. in the same size saw.
Torque is my best friend when using a chainsaw.

/ Which brand to buy #57  
My apology people---I guess I unintentionally started this thread to wonder off. My response was merely to say that there are MANY opinions and MANY products. What suits one person may not be right for the other.
Just because a product is the best selling doesn't necessarly impress me. I have worked on small engines for over 50 years and now own 13 chainsaws. I buy rebuild and sell. I think Makita/Dolmar are very underrated, main reason is because of dealers being so few.
My favorite saw is Makita/Dolmar. Generally they have more torque with less r.p.m. in the same size saw.
Torque is my best friend when using a chainsaw.

And here I was thinking you were sticking up for the #1 seller. :confused: ;)

I was poking fun at the saw...:laughing:

/ Which brand to buy #59  
   / Which brand to buy #60  
LD1 I have the 6400. I have about 10 or 12 tanks of gas through it now and it is just really starting to scream.