Which Deere 4000

/ Which Deere 4000 #11  
>>P.S. I have been wondering why there are so few posts about John Deeres. Could it be that all the JD owners are out using & enjoying there tractors.

Me thinks that there are more JD owners here than it appears (me for one), take a look at the survey results on the home page...JD is only slightly behind Kubota in terms of popularity, on this web site anyway.

I think that this web site, has become home to a lot of kubota loyalists, (nothing wrong with that), and even though I prefer JD, I still enjoy frequenting this web site and getting a lot of useful information about tractors in general, regardless of the color. I'd bet that there are more JD lurkers than Kubota lurkers, and the Kubota fans just seem a bit more vocal here in orange territory....

/ Which Deere 4000 #12  
ejb,

I'm a BLUE owner and I remember when this board was all Orange, it used to be Kubota only. Muhammad with his ultimate wisdom (plus, I personally think he owns at least one non-orange tractor) decided to expand and include most all colors in some form. That's why the Orange guys dominate this board, but I'm turning many lurkers into Blue wannabe's or NEW BLUE OWNERS! When they look seriously, they see the quality and the creature comforts that NEW HOLLAND puts in their tractors for customer satisfaction! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Which Deere 4000 #13  
I do remember way back when this was a Kubota only board, I lurked for a loooong time before I owned a tractor. Its what initially got me looking at orange ones and ended up green. I had fully intended on buying something like a 4310, but once I drove the big JD's it was all over for me...just felt like the right machine for me.

Don't have a decent NH dealer near me so never really spent much time looking at them....

-ejb

/ Which Deere 4000 #14  
ejb,
As long as your happy isn't that what counts.

Have many enjoying hours with your John Deere.

Thomas..NH

/ Which Deere 4000 #15  
Re: Which Deere 4000....Jim

The last part in which you wrote was darn good, (When they look seriously etc....)
Sure would make a good advertisement for New Holland??

Take care over there.

Thomas..NH

/ Which Deere 4000 #16  
Wen the JD 4600 is the largest frame & next to the most powerful compact tractor that JD sells. With 43 HP, Cat. I 3 pt hitch at 2500 lb lift. The JD 5210 is in the middle of the JD Utility line of Heavy Duty Ag tractors. With 45 hp, cat II 3 pt hitch at 3374 lift. Chris

/ Which Deere 4000 #17  
Actually, if I am no mistaken, the 5210 is not the middle of the JD Utility line, but the smallest of them. The 5000 10 series goes 5210, 5310, 5410 and 5510.

The 5210 has a 3cylinder naturally apserated engine, 45HP
The 5310 is almost idnetical to the 5210 but with 10 extra HP (by turbocharging the engine).

The 5410 has a 4cycl engine (naturally aspirated) and is a whole lot bigger and heavier and more powerful than the 5310. It has 65HP. The 5510 is exactly the same machine as the 5410, except they added 10HP by turbocharging. (and for some strange reason an extra set of headlights on the fenders).

There is a huge difference is size and weight when you step from the 5310 to the 5410, and that is the biggest price leap in the series.

Good luck.

/ Which Deere 4000 #19  
I am very familiar with the 10 series John Deer tractors. Just was not sure what the difference were in the 4600 or why someone would buy it instead of the 10 series. The reason for most things, I guesss, is money and the second reason is that the 4600 probably comes with an automatic tranny and the 10 series does not.

ejb, The tractor I wound up getting is fully synchronized in all gears, and after driving non-sync tractors, that is a really NICE feature. I suspect the biggest difference is not in the HP figures, but in the ability to get the HP to the ground.

Goodyear has their farm tire catalog in .pdf format and is pretty good. It has a chapter on recommended tire sizes for various HP for 2wd and 4wd tractors.

I have noticed that everyone likes the tractor they bought the best. Surprise. It fits their unique requirements or is a compromise to their unique requirements. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Which Deere 4000 #20  
ejb The JD utility line is as follows. 5105, 5205, 5210, 5310, 5410.

wen The main reason I can think why someone would buy a JD 4600 instead of of one of the JD 5000 series tractors is because of the compact frame size. Chris