which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #11  
I have been using Lucas or John Deere polyurea grease for about as long as I can remember.
I do a lot of mowing and spraying each year, and so far, no problems with some old but regularly serviced equipment

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #12  
I use Lucas Marine in everything for over a decade. I like the extra moisture protection the marine grease gives. On my 5 trailers never had a bearing issue. When I replaced my hubs on the boat with Vortex (6 year 100K warranty) they specified Lucas Marine. Figured it must be good with that warranty.

Last edited:
   / which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #13  
I use Lucas Marine in everything for over a decade. I like the extra moisure protection the marine grease gives. On my 5 trailers never had a bearing issue. When I replaced my hubs on the boat with Vortex (6 year 100K warranty) they specified Lucas Marine. Figured it must be good with that warranty.
Thanks that is an awsome suggestion. I believe in quality grease. I made a mistake that will take me a while to use up. I got a case of 10 tubes from AMSOIL. I think just the moly kind per his unprofessional recommendation. Live and learn sir is my motto. Again thanks. I have quit AMSOIL all together

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #14  
I can’t recommend because it would be a guess. If you utube please watch the AMSOIL grease video. Andy there is a guy that does the comparison with a lot of other high class brands. I think you would really enjoy this
I agree with you on Andy. But I do business with AMSOIL and the people on the phones sometimes don’t have an idea their product. It’s just to sell

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #15  
My understanding is moly greases are great for sliding surfaces but you do not want to use moly grease on a roller or ball bearing - it's TOO slick and the bearing can slide on the surface instead of rotating.
I've heard that too, but don't know if there is anything to it or just something made up because it sounded good. i.e. mechanical folklore.

I use JD polyurea grease on everything except a few bushings that are heavily loaded and move too slowly to develop an protective oil wedge.
BH swing and the loader bucket pivots are the ones which get 3% moly.
rScotty

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #16  
I use Royal Purple and have for 20 years. We used it on all of our motors at the power plant. If it will keep motor bearings working there it is good for me. You can use 1/2 as much at 1/2 the intervals. I used to get the grease and motor oil free from the rep that called on us. I was using it before you could ever buy it across the counter.

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #17  
I used to use two greases. Moly for low speed high pressure. Like loader/hoe pins and bushings, ball joints, tie rods, etc. And a synthetic lithium like mobile SHC32 or SHC460 for high speed bearings. Like u-joints and mower deck spindles.

But now.....I think a urea based grease is a good replacement for BOTH. They have good EP properties like moly.....but also equally good specs for bearings like a synthetic lithium base.

Look for a urea based grease and use it for everything

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #18  
It’s always interesting to see what other folks use. I use Nyco GN06 on my rotary cutter driveshaft profile and ThixOgrease 2 for everything else.

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #19  
Hi,

Texas Refinery 880 Crown and Chassis in everything. You can order online. The only grease that stopped constant bearing failures in flail mower roller assemblies in Alamo when I worked for the Turnpike mowing 216 miles of highway in mud and water constantly.

Brian

/ which grease for slow & fast bearings & bushings #20  
Thanks that is an awsome suggestion. I believe in quality grease. I made a mistake that will take me a while to use up. I got a case of 10 tubes from AMSOIL. I think just the moly kind per his unprofessional recommendation. Live and learn sir is my motto. Again thanks. I have quit AMSOIL all together
I don’t follow why you think you got an inferior grease! Yet somehow you think that a marine grease is better for your application. I may have missed what it is that you’re greasing…but I didn’t think you mentioned any marine equipment. If you’re running a moly grease in a piece of agriculture equipment or similar, I would think that you’re using the appropriate grease. Anyhow let us know how many bearings/bushings you had to replace during the use of the 10 tubes of Amsoil grease 😉