which mig?

/ which mig? #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
I ordered a Cyclone 200ES and later learned that it won't show up here until fall. I tried contacting everlast asking if they are out of stock using several formats and heard nothing back.. I liked the features on the Cyclone 200ES but might have to move to another brand. What do model or brands do you guys recommend? :unsure:

/ which mig?
   / which mig? #5  
Myself, I like the ESAB pulsed MIG but you don't need that anyway. I also have 2 Hobart Migs and the entire Hobart line is available at Tractor Supply. Never had issue one with either and consumables are readily available there as well. You have a TSC close by? Check them out. Both my Hobarts are either gas (I use shielding gas) or flux core and they both get hard use and I've never had either bump the duty cycle limit either.

I recommend them.

/ which mig? #6  
A old AC with a capacitor, nice welds but did not like duly cycle even with a protector, Like I said i'm not a pro

/ which mig? #7  
I use all 3 of mine in a semi production setting so they get used hard. Only thing I don't like about the Hobart's is, the wire capacity. They will only take a maximum 8 pound spool, the EASB will take a 40 pounder.

The Hobarts have really good wet out and the welds always look good, but then remember I use shielding gas. Never ran flux core which spatters a lot and the less spatter I get the less post prep time I need.

I won't buy anything from Amazon that even smells like it's Chinese.

/ which mig? #8  
Amico gets good reviews for low-end machines. I went lower and bought a Yeswelder MIG205-DS. It'll do MIG/flux/stick/lift tig. Synergic, limited to 0.035 on flux for some reason. Flimsy case but quality wire feeder, handles 2# or 10# spools, good duty cycle. Comes with stick holder, but no regulator. They've come out with a $400 'B' model with black case, 0.030/0.035 flux and plug for spool gun.

/ which mig? #9  
Again Chinese. Why go that route when your local Tractor Supply has a real welder in stock. We need to quit buying that stuff or soon we will all be eating raw fish with chopsticks. Myself, I prefer steaks.

/ which mig? #10  
Hobart & Miller made in USA from what I see, Lincoln could be USA, Mexico, Poland, Italy. Yes China will soon own America. We need to make things again.