which mig?

/ which mig? #21  
   / which mig? #22  
I ordered a Cyclone 200ES and later learned that it won't show up here until fall. I tried contacting everlast asking if they are out of stock using several formats and heard nothing back.. I liked the features on the Cyclone 200ES but might have to move to another brand. What do model or brands do you guys recommend? :unsure:
Hobart or Lincoln all ive ever owned. I've seen a few things you built using a welder and posted on here. All were impressive to me anyway. You want to weld or look up and order parts while trying to repair a welder during a project or job? Good luck.

/ which mig? #23  
Sounds like you mighta found a lemon, most of what I hear is positive... Steve
You very well may be right there. After that, it sort of soured me to the brand and figured I would just buy a more expensive machine with some extra features.

/ which mig? #24  
I have a Lincoln Mig 180. I use it a fair bit and have had no problems with it.
Although it has become harder to find the wire in my area but found a reasonable price on-line with free delivery

/ which mig? #25  
IMO Amazon has really gone downhill, especially since COVID.
I understand that shipping is taking longer now and sometimes things screw up, but:
Multiple times says things in stock but not.
Multiple times says sold by and shipped from Amazon but not.
Multiple times I ordered a brand name quality item at full price and shipper sent poor quality garbage knockoff.

That last one just makes me angry because it's a deliberate attempt at fraud by the third party seller. When I call Amazon they won't send me the actual item I ordered, they won't do anything about the third party seller's attempt at fraud, and they hold on to my refund money for 30 days after I send it back.

I now go out of my way to avoid using Amazon when I can.

My advice to you is to cancel the order and get the same item from a different vendor other than Amazon.

/ which mig? #26  
"I would be ware of any welder the uses a battery jumper cable clamp for work lead..... It's a real cheap item and it makes me question the quality of rest of unit.... IT would be first thing I would change if I were to buy unit..."

Agreed - Those are old pictures. ALL of my welders (including both millers that came with crap clamps) have had REAL ground clamps including the PM45, for about 10 years... Steve

/ which mig? #27  
Older Hobarts were Troy Ohio. Miller hasn't made Mig machines in the states for over 15 years. Some of the Dynasty board configuration is USA but most everything else including Bobcats are only assembled here. No-one is make a Mig machine in the USA anymore. Sad state of affairs I know.
I’m not sure your information is correct. Take a look at the link below.

/ which mig? #28  
One of the many areas that I've struggled over in regards to old USA made vs new import...some years ago I picked up an ancient Lincoln Idealarc SP-200 Autobody MIG, partially because I couldn't swing the cost of a new welder, largely because I wanted something that I could be confident I could get parts for well in to the future. Being an transformer based machine, I'm not all that concerned about major failures of the big parts, and the feeder is basically a LN-7 built in, so wear parts should be available for a long time. Other than a stinger lead I should have replaced a decade ago, it's been absolutely rock stable reliable for me.

Downside being this thing is MASSIVE. About a 3 foot deep, 3 foot tall, 2 foot wide box on wheels that weighs several hundred pounds...it takes up an absurd amount of floor space in a 2 car garage, and needs a hoist to move it off pavement. I've often thought about replacing it with something newer and physically smaller, but I still can't swing the cost of a new red or blue equivalent to this thing. On the other hand, I also wonder about the long term parts availability of the off brand stuff...

/ which mig?
The cyclone 200ES model got good reviews and small enough to fit into my "not a real shop" space. Parts for it are available and they are a TBN sponsor. That's why I'm getting it.

/ which mig? #30  
I’m not sure your information is correct. Take a look at the link below.

I see you are in Michigan like I am and Lincoln Electric in Euclid, Ohio also does plant tours and that facility is absolutely huge.

I had as nice advantage years ago as the company I worked for was contracted to Lincoln for strip steel and I used to go there at least a couple times a month and their steel storage facility was also where they first article tested engine drives so I got to see them running them at maximum output day in and day out until they puked and then they took them apart to see what failed and what needed to be improved.

Was always warm in there as the resistor banks that were eating up the amperage were also giving off heat and the big banks were outside and water cooled.

I also got to wander around the plant with no guides (so long as I was wearing PPE) so I got to not only mingle with the employees but got to watch the manufacturing processes too.

I believe they do plant tours 2 times a week. The Lincoln facility in Euclid, Ohio is bigger than the Miller facility in Appelton if I'm not mistaken. Even if I am, it's quite an educational tour and if you want a Lincoln machine, you can buy it there too, which is how I bought my TIG machine. Right from the factory.

I got to deliver to a lot of interesting places in my employment, even the oil filter factory in Cleveland, Ohio where the only thing that changed on the filters was the color of the can....

Delivered to a lot of automotive plants and second tier automotive suppliers as well. The outfit I worked for was the preferred supplier for Fiat Chrysler so I did a ton of their plants too. Went to Fords and GM as well and the one thing that always was the same was the poor attitude of the union employees. Maybe that has changed to day, but back then, they acted like you owed them plus they were lazy.

Back then Lincoln was not union. Not sure about today. I know back then, Lincoln treated their employees like gold.