Which oil is better??

/ Which oil is better?? #1  

Williy

Elite Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb, LS land grader

willy

/ Which oil is better?? #3  

Per 540 Rat rankings:

2) 5W30 Amsoil Signature Series 100% Synthetic, has no certification labels, but claims it can be used in applications that require GM dexos1-Gen2, ILSAC GF-6A, API SP = 141,851 psi
This oil was tested in Spring 2021.
zinc = TBD
phos = TBD
moly = TBD

148) 5W30 Royal Purple API SN synthetic = 84,009 psi
zinc = 942 ppm
phos = 817 ppm
moly = 0 ppm

/ Which oil is better?? #4  
I've seen many different tests over the the last 20-30 years and Amsoil usually comes out on top and if not, it's second. No other oil ever tests that well across a battery of tests.

It's why when someone asks what's the best oil for xxxx, I have no hesitation saying Amsoil.

I have used Amsoil for 20-30 years in everything, 2-stroke oil (Actually passed the tests at 200:1 or 300:1 ratio but the engineers decided no one would believe them so they just called it 100:1), Diesel and Gasoline fuel treatments, greases and obviously oils and filters for Jeeps, cars, Diesel pickups, multiple ATV's, Zero Turn mowers, Push mower, Pressure Washer, Edger.

/ Which oil is better?? #6  
Wal-mart oil has always worked for me. Never an issue. Engines always work. I take the savings, invest them, and come out ahead in the end.....

/ Which oil is better?? #8  
Wal-mart oil has always worked for me. Never an issue. Engines always work. I take the savings, invest them, and come out ahead in the end.....

Not necessarily. Amsoil synthetic can be ran a lot longer than the non-synthetic oils and even longer than many other synthetic brands.

"Guaranteed protection for up to 25,000 miles or 1 year" for many Amsoil motor oils.

Amsoil doesn't cost much more per quart/gallon if you're a Dealer or Preferred Customer (PC) so actually over 1 year you can save more money using Amsoil, even factoring the cost to be a PC.

Then there's the added benefit of knowing you have the best protection available for you engines if you use them in high temperatures or very cold climates.

/ Which oil is better??
coobie Yanmar 15w40 is not for the YT2 or YT3 tractors
Prune juice is the best! If you don't believe me you can
even drink it its so GOOD!

willy

/ Which oil is better?? #10  
coobie Yanmar 15w40 is not for the YT2 or YT3 tractors
Prune juice is the best! If you don't believe me you can
even drink it its so GOOD!

willy
I will stick with Rotella syn. oil and pass on the juice.:D