Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry?

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #101  
Very true, in college at the bakery plant many of the students worked at, made health bars, baked goods, sweets, etc.. for Kelloggs, Lays, Sunbelt, etc... The main difference was you had to be extra careful with the quality as they could rescind the contract otherwise... Thats why I look at the drivetrain with the engine and transmission above all else, as the other parts can be replaced or easily repaired. But now we get this regen and electronics that is adding another layer of complexity/repair and bringing ruin to the long term use and reliability, to say nothing about poor service and overall customer satisfaction..
Cheese factory in my hometown makes cheese for Kraft. They sell their own label, too.

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #102  
I would expect to see the same engine and emissions systems used by several manufacturers. The cost to get an engine certified is pretty high. If you buy one which the engine manufacturer has already certified, you bypass all of that cost.

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry?
Here is a good summary of what John Deere makes...
"John Deere makes all their own engines from 48 hp to 684 hp so their serious farm and construction equipment are powered by Deere. It gives them a proprietary edge over their competitors who have to buy engines as a commodity. Deere’s small utility tractors use Yanmar engines. Yanmar makes good small Diesel engines. When you get down to lawn tractors, their gasoline engines are a commodity item bought from several sources. So it is accurate to state that Deere makes all but their smallest Diesel engines and none of their gasoline lawn tractor engines."

However I have seen some John Deere lawn tractors with diesel engines, anybody have any idea who makes the diesel engines in the John Deere Zero Turn Mowers?

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #104  
However I have seen some John Deere lawn tractors with diesel engines, anybody have any idea who makes the diesel engines in the John Deere Zero Turn Mowers?
Pretty sure the 997 uses a Yanmar...
The 994 probably does too, but I'm not sure...

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #105  
Last small diesel I saw in a JD S&S, was made in china.

Lots and lots of things are made by deere, but in china!

SR