Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry?

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #81  
Just be glad you are not looking into the origins of a Lamborghini Runner

An Italian Tractor, Made in INDIA, with a Japanese Mitsubishi Engine. Marketed by a German outfit, D-F, "through selected dealers world wide".

Whee Haa.. It's a big WORLD!

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry?
What is the sense of even putting this list together? Is it going to tell us what engines are best? Probably not. Is it going to change as times go by? Probably. Is it going to help you find parts you probably wont need? Maybe, but probably not. Is it going to be accurate by getting information from some people are mostly guessing? Probably not. Is it going to help you choose a superior tractor? Only if you convince yourself it will. Sorry, I miss the point.
Well I know they have them, here is one I came across on what they put the JD 790 Yanmar 3TNE84 engine into... Yanmar Industrial Engine Parts: Deere Equipment

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #83  
Just the way the world works now. Years ago when I installed glass for a living I had a job at a local factory. The name of the company sounded like they built boats but actually they made soap. Once inside the scent of the soap was powerful. Within 15 minutes you couldn't smell it anymore. When I was leaving they gave me a few "samples". They made specific items for every major brand on the market. At the time I would have thought that competing brands would use different contractors to make their products but nope. In the end if you can make a smaller but still nice profit by letting someone else do the hard work of making it why not?

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #84  
Just the way the world works now. Years ago when I installed glass for a living I had a job at a local factory. The name of the company sounded like they built boats but actually they made soap. Once inside the scent of the soap was powerful. Within 15 minutes you couldn't smell it anymore. When I was leaving they gave me a few "samples". They made specific items for every major brand on the market. At the time I would have thought that competing brands would use different contractors to make their products but nope. In the end if you can make a smaller but still nice profit by letting someone else do the hard work of making it why not?
Truth. My wife used to work for one of the major breweries. They brewed and bottled a lot of other brands. Different ingredients and recipes, but on the same lines with the same crews. Some brands no longer even have facilities to bree their own.. it is all contracted out. Economies of Scale.

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #85  
Truth. My wife used to work for one of the major breweries. They brewed and bottled a lot of other brands. Different ingredients and recipes, but on the same lines with the same crews. Some brands no longer even have facilities to bree their own.. it is all contracted out. Economies of Scale.
The food industry is the same way. If you think the product is produced by the company on the label, think again because you are most likely wrong.

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #86  
Will drive you crazy trying to figure that out;I know the most American made car is a Honda;and truck is a Toyota!
I believe Kubota at least makes all the own parts.
I think my '19 Jeep Cherokee won the "most US componet" title with like 90% US parts, if I remember my window sticker correct. Who knows now.

Okay, back to the original topic...

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #87  

1646501478836.png

Yes, but my main question would be in parts. Are parts still readily available for the ubiquitous, untamed YanDeere? I suspect so, Mr Green has always been pretty good about maintaining good parts supply. You might not like what they cost, but you can nearly always get them. Usually. Mostly. Sometimes.

When a Company like, say -- LS, contracts out to Mitsubishi to make engines for them Mitsu will do so as long as it suits them. As long as they're getting paid.

But when LS drops them and goes to..... Whoever, Yanmar, Kukje or one of many others, Mitsu isn't going to be interested in keeping a supply of parts for their old engines on hand. LS MTron is making their own in their medium sized tractors now.

Kubota, OTOH, has their name on all of it. Engine, Trans, etc. So does Kioti AFAIK.

One the biggest reasons tractor companies go ****-up is they don't back their equipment. It's costly to get another Company to do that. But when it's your own Company, you can often cost-shift the expense onto new tractors and equipment.

It's one reason why I bought a Kioti. Not the only reason, but one of them.

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #88  
View attachment 735967

Yes, but my main question would be in parts. Are parts still readily available for the ubiquitous, untamed YanDeere? I suspect so, Mr Green has always been pretty good about maintaining good parts supply. You might not like what they cost, but you can nearly always get them. Usually. Mostly. Sometimes.

When a Company like, say -- LS, contracts out to Mitsubishi to make engines for them Mitsu will do so as long as it suits them. As long as they're getting paid.

But when LS drops them and goes to..... Whoever, Yanmar, Kukje or one of many others, Mitsu isn't going to be interested in keeping a supply of parts for their old engines on hand. LS MTron is making their own in their medium sized tractors now.

Kubota, OTOH, has their name on all of it. Engine, Trans, etc. So does Kioti AFAIK.

One the biggest reasons tractor companies go ****-up is they don't back their equipment. It's costly to get another Company to do that. But when it's your own Company, you can often cost-shift the expense onto new tractors and equipment.

It's one reason why I bought a Kioti. Not the only reason, but one of them.
I think, in most case, OEMs buy an existing component, rather then have a supplier design, test and manufacture a custom engine.
Some components may be custom, such as valve covers with the OEM logo, and engine mounts (to match chassis)

The Yanmar engines used in Deere tractors (I'm referring to the older tractors...never checked on the newer engines) were used in other applications such as marine (very popular engines in sail boats and mid-sized yachts) and industrial situations

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #89  
I think, in most case, OEMs buy an existing component, rather then have a supplier design, test and manufacture a custom engine.
Some components may be custom, such as valve covers with the OEM logo, and engine mounts (to match chassis)

The Yanmar engines used in Deere tractors (I'm referring to the older tractors...never checked on the newer engines) were used in other applications such as marine (very popular engines in sail boats and mid-sized yachts) and industrial situations
Does Mitsubishi even market tractors anymore??

And while YanDeere is all over the place, I don't think the design for a Shipboard generator would be similar to a tractor engine. Or for industrial use.

If XYZ Tractor Company doesn't want to make their own engines, they have to design them to fit into their tractor. And they have to meet EPA 'guidelines' (a joke) and hook up to some transmission or another as well as a transfer case. And a mid-PTO. And mechanical or direct injection systems. Maybe a turbo.

Kioti (daedong) makes the new Bobcat tractor but I can't think of too many other Tractor manufacturers that can, or will, drop an a'la carte engine into somebody else's tractor.

Then, let's say Deere moves on from using Yanmar in everything under 75HP (which I think is going to happen sooner rather than later) will Yanmar bother to make parts for engines they no longer produce? Heck no, they won't. Not unless Deere pays them a butt-load of money.

In fact, one of the biggest problems Yanmar is facing with their latest attempt at entering the US market is that they cut and ran from their customers last time. They put their tails between their legs and hauled-ass. Then there was Cub Cadet/Yanmar shotgun marriage. Another debacle.

Not picking on anybody/any OEM in particular. Just saying that -- They've been known.

Deere is trying act like they've always been interested in Compact and subcompact tractors. Not even. They'd drop them like a bad habit if they could. They make their money on the million dollar machines that get leased, then re-leased, then shipped overseas, then -- Who knows?

But Deere is a strong, well-managed company. I believe you can feel fairly comfortable buying one of their Tractors.

But -- Are they ever proud of them ($$) Many, many people are more than willing to pay for that green color. And they don't do badly at all on resale, either.

Sorry to be so long-winded. Bored

/ Who actually makes the tractor and whose engine and transmission does it carry? #90  
Does Mitsubishi even market tractors anymore??

And while YanDeere is all over the place, I don't think the design for a Shipboard generator would be similar to a tractor engine. Or for industrial use.

If XYZ Tractor Company doesn't want to make their own engines, they have to design them to fit into their tractor. And they have to meet EPA 'guidelines' (a joke) and hook up to some transmission or another as well as a transfer case. And a mid-PTO. And mechanical or direct injection systems. Maybe a turbo.

Kioti (daedong) makes the new Bobcat tractor but I can't think of too many other Tractor manufacturers that can, or will, drop an a'la carte engine into somebody else's tractor.

Then, let's say Deere moves on from using Yanmar in everything under 75HP (which I think is going to happen sooner rather than later) will Yanmar bother to make parts for engines they no longer produce? Heck no, they won't. Not unless Deere pays them a butt-load of money.

In fact, one of the biggest problems Yanmar is facing with their latest attempt at entering the US market is that they cut and ran from their customers last time. They put their tails between their legs and hauled-ass. Then there was Cub Cadet/Yanmar shotgun marriage. Another debacle.

Not picking on anybody/any OEM in particular. Just saying that -- They've been known.

Deere is trying act like they've always been interested in Compact and subcompact tractors. Not even. They'd drop them like a bad habit if they could. They make their money on the million dollar machines that get leased, then re-leased, then shipped overseas, then -- Who knows?

But Deere is a strong, well-managed company. I believe you can feel fairly comfortable buying one of their Tractors.

But -- Are they ever proud of them ($$) Many, many people are more than willing to pay for that green color. And they don't do badly at all on resale, either.

Sorry to be so long-winded. Bored