Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ?

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #11  
CNH is the largest farm equipment company in the world. They use that fact in their own marketing stuff from time to time. Now in a particular product line its anyones guess.

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #12  
   / Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #13  
That article says they are fourth but aim to be number one in five years.

<font color="blue"> Now ranked behind Deere & Co., CNH Global and Agco Corp., Mahindra aims to be the world leader in tractors in the next five years, </font>

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #14  
I think, if I read it properly, by units they're #1. I believe they are 4th in $'s.

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #15  
OK,
<font color="red">Just humor me for a minute.</font>

Does it really matter who sells most volume of equipment?

In many other categories of "stuff" the brands that are really "cookie cutter" type stuff tend to be cheaply made and sold at discount stores, etc.
That said - compare John Deere walk-behind mowers to MTD. I'll bet M outsells JD about 4:1 (quite possibly even more).
Look at cars: lately the Korean brands KIA and Hyundai have been selling like popcorn here. The dealers can't seem to keep them in stock. Yet the Nissan and Toyota dealers here are slowing way down in sales (almost as bad as the REAL big Detroit three).
How about power tools?
I'll bet Harbor Freight sells more (imported) grinders than, say Milwaukee.
Watches?
Timex or Casio I'm sure outsell Rolex or Luminox.

The point is - people buy stuff for different reasons. Some only buy for quality (like the guy who buys a John Deere made in Moline or Mannheim - compared to the guy who buys a green tractor from Turkey or India) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif, and some only buy for cheap /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I'll bet there are a lot more people in the latter class than the former. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

So, really - do the numbers mean anything? As far as I'm concerned, it just means that you weren't the only one in the world with a certain model (ie- lemon). Maybe the numbers are just the way the corporate guys keep score. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Like its been stated here before, numbers are easily manipulated to be what you want. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just my humble opinion.

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #16  
hobbyfarm:

You have been humored! I have to agree with your logic. It's all in what the masses are looking for. Low cost items often outsell quality ones even if the quality is severely lacking. Just depends on the buyers perceived quality versus cost decision.

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Based on this article I'd say Mahindra (by volume = units) http://in.news.yahoo.com/051026/137/60r59.html -n4807g)</font>

The way I read that is they have a 30% market share in the country [India] where more tractors are sold than any other country. And are in fourth rank worldwide.

"Mahindra now has more than 30 percent of the local tractor market, the world's biggest by volume, which is booming as rural incomes rise.

Now ranked behind Deere & Co., CNH Global and Agco Corp., Mahindra aims to be the world leader in tractors in the next five years..."

Last year I posted that I thought about buying Mahindra stock. I never got around to investigating it. Now I wish I had.

From the same article:
"The stock rose 35 percent in July-September, beating a 25 percent gain for the sector index and a 20 percent rise on the benchmark index."

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #18  
It also looks like Mahindra has bought controlling intrest in Universal Tractor (UTB) of Romania here lately.

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Does it really matter who sells most volume of equipment? </font> )</font>

I was just curious who claims to sell the most tractors....was there anything wrong with me asking the question ??

/ Who has the most tractor sales Worldwide ? #20  
<font color="blue"> Formed in 1945 to make Chrysler Jeeps for India, Mahindra now has more than 30 percent of the local tractor market, the world's biggest by volume, which is booming as rural incomes rise. </font>

Who's local tractor market? I don't doubt they are number 1 in India and many other countires, however I didn't see any units sold numbers in the article for any of the brands mentioned. Maybe I missed it. Doesn't matter, as they are growing fast.