Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #191  
Today made our record books as the 2nd snowiest Halloween and 2nd coldest Halloween since they started keeping records.

A whopping inch of snow! 🤣

But only about 28 degrees. Brr. 🙃

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #192  
And here I thought that us getting some snow yesterday was an anomaly. We got three inches and the kids didn't seem to mind one bit while out trick-or-treating.

At least I wound the garden hose up on the reel and it isn't frozen in the ground somewhere this year!

Still have to cut a new chain for my snowblower though, so I could use with a real large snow holding off for now.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #193  
We got 10" of wet heavy snow in a couple hours yesterday, winter came early this year here in West Michigan. Hadn't even done the fall maintenance on my snowblowers yet! Still leaves on the trees which caused major issues all over the county with downed trees. Been without power for 18 hours so far. Tractor came in to help push downed trees off the road and my neighbors house and driveway, impressed how well it handles this wet snotty snow.
s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s4.jpg

s3.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #194  
That heavy wet lake effect snow can really raise havoc on trees that still have leaves.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #195  
We got our first this morning from about 6:30 to 8:30 about an inch;
the 10 days just show a chance for the same a couple of times, hope they are correct, not ready for this garbage yet.

first snow 1 inch Nov 1.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #196  
We got 10" of wet heavy snow in a couple hours yesterday, winter came early this year here in West Michigan. Hadn't even done the fall maintenance on my snowblowers yet! Still leaves on the trees which caused major issues all over the county with downed trees. Been without power for 18 hours so far. Tractor came in to help push downed trees off the road and my neighbors house and driveway, impressed how well it handles this wet snotty snow. View attachment 829734View attachment 829735View attachment 829736

View attachment 829733
Now that's reality check what's coming. :(

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #198  
What I would prefer:

1) some good old fashioned cold weather; at least a couple weeks long to kill off the F'ing ticks. It's been the worst year I have ever seen!
This was never a problem when I was a kid, and I grew up a couple hours drive South of here.
All the animals (including all the people) have had ticks on them this year. I had Lyme disease in July.

2) once that is done and there's no living ticks to hide under the snow in the leaf litter then let it snow.
I recently got my tractor and blower and would love to test them!

Brian

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #199  
Our causal amount of snow is melting away which is fine by me since we got fall thing so do. Our deer ticks are terrible here this fall.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #200  
Our causal amount of snow is melting away which is fine by me since we got fall thing so do. Our deer ticks are terrible here this fall.
We only got a light dusting Wed. evening. We have had Halloween snow here but not the last couple years.
I've read about ticks in the fall, and while they were pretty bad this spring don't think I've ever come across any after mid-late June.