Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC)

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #21  
I have had Lennox high efficiency which was efficient! Now I have Trane with electric furnace/AC/heat pump and I really like it also extremely efficient system. Not one issue in 10years. And I should be knocking on wood now. The last time I mentioned here I had nary an issue, was with my F150, I ended up replacing the engine.

If you have a good installer, you most likely won't have any issues with any brand.
Having said that,You can have a good installer , that does everything right, and still end up with a bad unit of any brand

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #22  
If you have a good installer, you most likely won't have any issues with any brand.
Having said that,You can have a good installer , that does everything right, and still end up with a bad unit of any brand

True enough but there are levels of quality with every commodity.

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #23  

Agreed. Four years ago my installer put in a Goodman that has performed great thus far. My original Bryant unit lasted 18 plus years. My HVAC professional has been in the business over 20 years and stated that every once in a while you will get a problematic unit. Just the nature of the beast. And like LD1 stated most manufacturers are just assemblers. Good luck and keep us posted.

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #24  
Four years ago my installer put in a Goodman that has performed great thus far.

My Goodman was installed 7 years ago. I suppose some would consider it a waste of money, but I allow my installer to charge $12 a month on one of my credit cards, and they call me, instead of me calling them, twice a year to ask about a convenient time to come check everything out on the entire system. It just so happens that yesterday was when they called to schedule the Fall inspection. They will be here the 5th.

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #25  
True enough but there are levels of quality with every commodity.

when I was in business, I installed about every brand out there. I never found that one brand never gave any more problems than another. Like I said. I have installed some lemons of every brand

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #26  
My Goodman was installed 7 years ago. I suppose some would consider it a waste of money, but I allow my installer to charge $12 a month on one of my credit cards, and they call me, instead of me calling them, twice a year to ask about a convenient time to come check everything out on the entire system. It just so happens that yesterday was when they called to schedule the Fall inspection. They will be here the 5th.

People still give Goodman a bad name today. I have installed many Goodman's and they didn't give anymore trouble than a Trane, Rheem,carrier, etc,.

The service contract is really a fell good measure for the customer, and is good money for the contractor. The likely hood of finding something during an annual inspection before it actually goes out is slim.

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #27  
The service contract is really a fell good measure for the customer, and is good money for the contractor. The likely hood of finding something during an annual inspection before it actually goes out is slim.

I agree, and it does feel good.:laughing:

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #28  
during my annual inspection they found a frozen/leaking transfer (?)valve and replaced it under warranty, 9 years later.
Labor was on me though, not cheap.

why doesn't the old adage you get what you pay for apply here? Are the less expensive a/c components so good today they
are simply reliable all by themselves?

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #29  
during my annual inspection they found a frozen/leaking transfer (?)valve and replaced it under warranty, 9 years later.
Labor was on me though, not cheap.

why doesn't the old adage you get what you pay for apply here? Are the less expensive a/c components so good today they
are simply reliable all by themselves?

less expensive a/c components ? They all use about the same components. I have installed units that used GE condenser fan motors that went out within months. Trane , Rheem , Lennox, Goodman, etc, don't make the reversing valves, contactors, fan motors,Blower motors, switches, etc,.They are made by someone else, who contracts their sales to the A/C manufacture

/ Who makes best heat pumps (HVAC) #30  
less expensive a/c components ? They all use about the same components. I have installed units that used GE condenser fan motors that went out within months. Trane , Rheem , Lennox, Goodman, etc, don't make the reversing valves, contactors, fan motors,Blower motors, switches, etc,.They are made by someone else, who contracts their sales to the A/C manufacture

you took me literally, sorry. I meant the whole system. You are going to pay a lot more for a Trane or a Lennox than a Goodman.
If reliability is the same, and performance only marginally different, what does the extra money get you? Says the guy who spent more money on a Trane thinking that offered value. Now maybe I learn it doesn't?