Comparison who makes the best tractor for the money

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #22  
I am currently in the market for a tractor. I spent last weekend at an AG show looking at, crawling over and under, and sitting on the following brands: Kubota, John Deere, Kioti, LS, Massey Ferguson, Branson, and Yanmar.

With how much everyone talks about "fit and finish" around here, I was surprised that the differences in quality of construction, to my admittedly untrained eye, was minimal to nonexistent.

I think for 95-99% of the population you could blindfold them, put them on any tractor, and they would have no clue which brand they were on.

At that point, for me, it just comes down to dealer service, price, and specifications.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #23  
I am currently in the market for a tractor. I spent last weekend at an AG show looking at, crawling over and under, and sitting on the following brands: Kubota, John Deere, Kioti, LS, Massey Ferguson, Branson, and Yanmar.

With how much everyone talks about "fit and finish" around here, I was surprised that the differences in quality of construction, to my admittedly untrained eye, was minimal to nonexistent.

I think for 95-99% of the population you could blindfold them, put them on any tractor, and they would have no clue which brand they were on.

At that point, for me, it just comes down to dealer service, price, and specifications.

We are in St.Lawrence co.,upstate also,far and away the small tractor choice for us and our neighbors is Kubota.Great local dealer(s) and very good tractors.We have three in the family.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #24  
I have had the Kioti since 2012 and have about 500 hours on it. it is one fine machine.
Yes, and I've had my Kioti for 18 years (2160 hours) and it has been a fine machine.
Plan to have it many more years.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #25  
I went with Kubota for a couple reasons. I've dealt with this same dealer for over 38 years and always been treated fairly. My 2009 Kubota M6040 had the exact features I needed/wanted. Near $100K spent on tractor & implements so far - no regrets.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #26  
We are in St.Lawrence co.,upstate also,far and away the small tractor choice for us and our neighbors is Kubota.Great local dealer(s) and very good tractors.We have three in the family.
I'm in St. Lawrence County as well. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the local Kubota dealer, and have a couple friends that have purchased from them. I have had good personal experiences with the John Deere dealer here as well.

My problem is I'm cheap. From a value perspective, which was reinforced this past weekend, I find very small differences between the major brands. As such, I would rate the value order LS, Kioti, Branson. I find it hard to pay a 10-20% premium because of the name.

The problem is dealer access. The LS dealer in Gouverneur seems a little spotty (I've never stopped in), and Kioti dealers are a 1.5 hr+ drive.

If cost were no objective, my order would be Yanmar and then Kubota.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #27  
I have had Allis, IHC, Kubota - and 3 LS tractors (if you include a Montana). LS makes good stuff (just like all the others) but having a good dealer is important too.
What color do you like?

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #28  
When I was tractor shopping, Kubota was about 3 grand more that Kioti for the same package. That is why I own a Kioti and I am not sorry.

/ who makes the best tractor for the money
Kubota is 537.63 cents more for the same approx. model in my area. The kioti dealer was tiny however....as in maybe 12 tractors on his entire tiny lot

/ who makes the best tractor for the money #30  
If you take the dealer out of the equation, lot of good brands. Kubota,Kioti,New Holland,TYM,LS,Case/IH,Massey Ferguson,Yanmar.